Unit 4 Receiving visitors
一、Answer the question :
1.What time will Mr.Sakai arrive?
2.And what does Kate say to Don?
Dialogue(一)
KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o' clock, don' t you, Jenny?
凱特.麥凱納:詹妮,酒井先生10點鐘要來,你知道嗎?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It' s an important meeting, isn' t it?
詹妮.羅斯:是的,我知道。這次會議很重要,是嗎?
KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren' t they?
凱特.麥凱納:幻燈片已經準備好了,對嗎?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.
詹妮.羅斯:是的,準備好了。
KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven' t you?
凱特.麥凱納:你也檢查過顯示器,對吧?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.
詹妮.羅斯:是的, 凱特,我已經檢查過了。
KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.
凱特.麥凱納:詹妮,不好意思,不過這次會議真是太重要了。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning!
堂.布拉德利:早上好!
JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.
詹妮.羅斯:你好, 堂。
DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?
堂.布拉德利:這可是個大日子,都準備好了嗎?
JENNY ROSS: I think so.
詹妮.羅斯:我想是的。
KATE MCKENNA: Don, I' m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?
凱特.麥凱納:堂,我對演示的最后一部分有點擔心。我們能談談嗎?
二、生詞和短語
1.Thank you very much for collecting me.
2. It's a pleasure.
3.Don't mention it.
4.It's good of you to visit us.
5.Thank you for sparing the time
display unit展覽品
rough desigen初步設計
make an impact制造影響
efficient效率高的
to employ雇傭
staff職員
full-time staff全工作日的職員
casual staff臨時工
Dialogue(二)
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.
酒井先生:非常感謝你來接我。
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s a pleasure. Don' t mention it.
克萊夫.哈里斯:樂意效勞。沒什么的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?
克萊夫.哈里斯:賓館還好吧?
MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It' s fine.
酒井先生:是的, 謝謝。很好。
CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.
克萊夫.哈里斯:你來探望我們真是太好了。
Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.
謝謝你抽出時間來,我知道你的行程很緊。
MR. SAKAI: It' s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.
酒井先生:這是我的榮幸,哈里斯先生。
I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems.
我很高興來英國。并且很期望對Bibury系統公司的參觀。
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s kind of you to say so.
克萊夫.哈里斯:你這么說真是太感謝你了。
We' ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile.
我們會盡一切努力使你的來訪有價值。