三、Answer the question :
1.What two changes does Don want to make to the rough design?
2.How many people work for Bibury Systems full time?
3.What is Mr.Sakai's first name?
Dialogue(三)
DON BRADLEY: You' re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o' clock about the display unit design.
堂.布拉德利:你12點鐘要見菲爾o沃森,商談展品的設計。
Do you understand the problem?
你明白有什么問題了?
EDWARD GREEN: No, I don' t.
愛德華.格林:不,沒有。
DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs.
堂.布拉德利:這些是設計初稿。
Choosing the right colour is very important.
選擇正確的顏色是很重要的。
EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?
愛德華.格林:不好意思,能解釋一下你的意思嗎?
DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.
堂.布拉德利:哦,我們需要不同的顏色。
EDWARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?
愛德華.格林:啊,你是說要更深的顏色嗎?
DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do.
堂.布拉德利:是的。
This display unit must make an impact.
這件展品必須給人眼前一亮的感覺。
It' s very important.
這很重要。
It must look right for the launch.
它必須要適合本次的發行。
It must look exciting.
必須令人心動。
EDWARD GREEN: I understand.
愛德華.格林:我明白了。
DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure that Phil understands.
堂.布拉德利:對了,一定要讓菲爾明白。
Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...
另外,“大老板”的照片還要大些……
CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren' t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.
克萊夫.哈里斯:我們公司盡管不是很大……,但辦事效率卻是很高的。
MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?
酒井先生:你們公司有多少員工?
CLIVE HARRIS: About seven hundred full-time.
克萊夫.哈里斯:有約700名全職員。
But we take on casual staff when we need them.
但有需要時我們也會雇臨時工。
Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?
酒井先生,要不要再來些咖啡?
MR. SAKAI: No, thank you. And, please, call me Kazo.
酒井先生:不, 謝謝。請還是叫我加須吧。
CLIVE HARRIS: And you must call me Clive.
克萊夫.哈里斯:那你就叫我克萊夫。
So, shall we have a look around?
那么,我們四處參觀一下?
MR. SAKAI: That would be very nice.
酒井先生:那太好了。
CLIVE HARRIS: Then perhaps we could have some lunch.
克萊夫.哈里斯:之后,我們可以一起吃午餐。
And then after lunch some of my senior managers will make a presentation to you.
午餐后,我的幾名高級經理會給你做場演示。
Would you like to leave your coat and briefcase here?
你要不要把外套和公文包放在這里?
MR. SAKAI: Thank you.
酒井先生:謝謝。
四、Answer the question :
1.Have Mr.Sakai and Don Bradley met before?
2.Don comes from America but which city in America?
Dialogue(四)
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department.
克萊夫.哈里斯:這是我們的銷售和市場營銷部。
I don' t think you have met Kate Mckenna.
你還沒見過凱特.麥凱納吧?
She is Head of Sales.
她是我們的銷售主管。
KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?
凱特.麥凱納:你好!
MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.
酒井先生:加須.酒井,這是我的卡片。
KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.
凱特.麥凱納:謝謝。
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.
克萊夫.哈里斯:這位是堂.布拉德利。
DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.
堂.布拉德利:你好, 酒井先生。我們在電話上交談過。
MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.
酒井先生:你好, 布拉德利先生。你是美國人。
And what part of America are you from?
美國哪個部分?
DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?
堂.布拉德利:洛杉磯。不過我在英國已經住來年了。我喜歡……/啊。我參觀過 ……
MR. SAKAI: I' m sorry.
酒井先生:對不起。
DON BRADLEY: No, please,after you.
堂.布拉德利:不,你先請。
MR. SAKAI: I have been to Los Angeles two or three times.
酒井先生:我曾經去過洛杉磯兩、三次。
It' s an interesting city.
是個有趣的城市。
Well, I hope we have a chance to talk again.
希望有機會我們再聊。
CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, you' ll be seeing Don at the presentation this afternoon.
克萊夫.哈里斯: 好,你會在今天下午的演示上見到堂。
MR. SAKAI: I look forward to that.
酒井先生:好期望啊。
五、短語
1.Let me introduce you to、、、
2.Let me give you my card.
3.It's very nice to meet you.
4.After you.
5.Please meke yourself at home.
Dialogue(五)
PHIL WATSON: Edward?
菲爾.沃森:愛德華
EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
愛德華.格林:是的。
PHIL WATSON: Hi, Edward.
菲爾.沃森:你好, 愛德華。
EDWARD GREEN: Hello.
愛德華.格林: 你好。
PHIL WATSON: Phil Watson. Good to meet you.
菲爾.沃森:菲爾.沃森。遇見你很高興。
Have you been waiting long?
等了很久了嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Not really.
愛德華.格林:不久。
PHIL WATSON: Sorry, I was delayed.
菲爾.沃森:對不起,我被耽誤了。
Shall we get straight down to business?
我們就開門見山開始談生意?
EDWARD GREEN: Why not?
愛德華.格林:好啊。
PHIL WATSON: Follow me.
菲爾.沃森:跟我來。
六、Answer the question :
1.Where do Clive and Mr.Sakai go for lauch?
2.And what will Mr.Sakai do this evening?
Dialogue(六)
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department. I don' t think you have met Kate Mckenna.She is Head of Sales.
KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?
MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.
KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.
DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.
MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.
And what part of America are you from?
DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?