Section 3.You will hear a student called John talking to his professor about a design competition he's entering.
第三部分。你將會聽到一個叫 John的學生跟一位教授討論他正參加的設計比賽。
First, you have some time to look at questions 21 to 25.
在錄音開始播放之前,你有一些時間閱讀問題21-25。
Now listen carefully and answer questions 21 to 25.
現在請仔細聽錄音并回答問題21-25。
Erm...hello Professor, I'm John Wishart.
教授您好,我叫 John Wishart。
I'm working on my entry for the Global Design Competition.
我在為參加全球設計大賽做準備。
My tutor said you might be able to help me with it.
我的指導老師說您也許能幫幫我。
Ah, yes, I got a copy of your drawings.
啊,對,我這兒有你的畫的復印件。
Come in and tell me about it.
快進來跟我說說。
What sort of competition is it?
對了,你參加的是個什么比賽來著?
Well, it's an international design competition and we have to come up with a new design for a typical domestic kitchen appliance.
它是一個國際性的設計比賽,我們需要為一種典型的家庭廚房用具想出一個全新的設計。
I see, and are there any special conditions?
我知道了,還有什么特殊要求嗎?
Does it have to save energy for example?
比如要節能什么的?
Actually that was the focus in last year's competition. This year's different.
實際上那是去年比賽的重點。今年的不一樣。
We have to adopt an innovative approach to existing technology, using it in a way that hasn't been thought of before.
我們要采用一種創新的方法來使用現有技術,要以一種別人之前都沒想到過的方法使用它。
I see, that sounds tricky. And what kitchen appliance have you chosen?
這樣啊,聽起來挺棘手的。你選了什么廚房用具?
Well, I decided to choose the dishwasher.
我選擇了洗碗機。
Interesting, what made you choose that?
有意思,你為什么會選這個呢?
Well, they're an everyday kitchen appliance in most Australian houses but they're all pretty boring and almost identical to each other.
首先,它們是大部分澳大利亞家庭每天都要用的廚房用具,然后這些洗碗機的外形都很單調,基本上沒什么區別。
I think some people will be prepared to pay a little extra for something that looks different.
我想會有人愿意稍微多付一點錢來購買外形獨特一些的產品的。
That's a nice idea. I see you've called your design 'the Rockpool'; why is that?
想法不錯。我看見你把你的設計取名叫做“ the Rockpool”, 怎么會想到這個名字呢?