What about the computers? Can I use them free of charge?
那么電腦呢?我能免費使用嗎?
For college students it's free, but for external members like yourself, the first hour is free and then we make a nominal charge of 1 per hour thereafter.
對大學學生是免費的,但是對像你這樣的外部會員,第一個小時免費,之后象征性的收取每小時一英鎊。
Do I have to book in advance for them?
我需要提前預訂嗎?
Oh, yes, it's advisable. Most people tend to book twentyfour hours in advance although sometimes you can getone with only six hours ' notice.
是的,這樣很明智。多數人通常提前24小時預訂,盡管有時你提前6個小時也能訂到。
However, the earliest you can book a computer is fortyeight hours before you need it, and you can only book one hour at a time.
然而,你最早預訂電腦的時間是提前48小時,每次你只能預訂一個小時。
If no one else has booked the computer out, then you may be able to have another hour if you want.
如果沒有別人訂電腦,如果你需要的話,你也許能夠再多用一個小時。
We have a wide range of databases, so the computers are in great demand.
我們有一個包羅萬象的資料庫,所以電腦的需要量很大。
I 'm thinking of doing some writing and I might need to access national newspapers.
我在考慮寫一些文章,所以我需要全國性報刊的信息。
Do you have them on these databases?
資料庫里面有這方面信息嗎?
We do indeed. We 've got all the big nationals, The Guardian and The Observer, The Independent and The Timesand Sunday Times.
我們當然有。我們有所有的大型全國性報刊,如《衛報》、《觀察家報》、《獨立報》、《泰晤士報》和《星期日泰晤士報》。
We 've also got all the local papers and a wide selection of magazines.
我們還有所有的地方報紙和各種各樣的雜志。
Excellent. I assume you have photocopying facilities?
好極了,我想你們那里有復印設備吧?
Of course. 5p a sheet for both A4 and A3 blackandwhite copies and 40p a sheet for colour.
當然。A4和A3大小的黑白復印是每張5便士,彩色復印是每張40便士。
You can get a card from the counter here it does not take coins.
你可以從柜臺這里領取一張卡,那里不收取硬幣。
OK. Oh by the way, another thing I was wondering about was if you ran any writing classes through the library?
好的,順便說一下,我想知道你們的圖書館有沒有寫作課程?
We do, but you 'll have to speak to John Grantingham about that.
我們有,但是你得咨詢約翰·葛蘭汀漢姆。
He's our resident author. He runs the creative writing classes.
他是我們的常駐作家,創造性寫作的課程由他教授。
John ... Grant .... Could you spell that for me please? Certainly. GRANTINGHAM.
約翰·葛蘭……你能為我拼一下嗎?當然。G-R-A-N-T-I-N-G-H-A-M。
Are the classes here at the library?
是在圖書館上課嗎?
Yes he's here on Thursday evenings, oh no sorry, Friday he's just changed it.
是的,他周四晚上會在這里。不,對不起,是周五,他剛改了時間。
You can contact him by emailing the library.
你可以通過給圖書館發郵件聯系他。
Okay. Right, well that's about all I need to know.
好的,這些就是我想了解的。
Thank you. I 'll be along later this week to join. Thanks. Bye.
謝謝。這周晚些時候我會去的,謝謝,再見。