So what does that leave? Oh yes, a present.
那么還剩下什么?對了,禮物。
Would you mind doing that?
你介意做這個嗎?
No, not at all: we usually go round with an envelope during coffee break, don't we?
不介意。我們經常在咖啡時間拿著信封走來走去,不是嗎?
Yeah, coffee break's always the best time, 'cos people have got their money handy.
是的,喝咖啡的休息時間很合適,因為人們手邊正好有錢。
Yeah, exactly. Do we suggest an amount? Or does it seem a bit unfair?
沒錯。我們得要求數額嗎?或者這么做是不是有點不公平?
No, I think people welcome it. We suggested six dollars last time, is that OK?
沒事,我覺得人們不介意。我們上次建議交6美元,這樣可以嗎?
Yeah, plenty I would have thought, which should leave us with about ninety dollars.
可以,我覺得足夠了,這樣我們應該就有90美元了?
Have you any ideas for presents?
你想好買什么禮物了嗎?
Well, I've been having a little think. I thought, you know, he loves music. Yeah, and books.
我有一點想法,你知道,我想他喜歡音樂。是的,還有書。
So, I thought I'd check on prices for, well, perhaps CD players.
所以我想根據價錢也許CD播放器合適?
Yeah, that's a good idea, and also I thought maybe, you know, a set of dictionaries.
好的,好主意,我還覺得一套字典也不錯。
I heard him say he needed a good one.
我聽他說他想要一套好字典。