Hi Tony, thanks ever so much for coming.
你好,托尼。非常感謝你能來。
You know we've been asked to organise something for John's farewell?
人們想讓我們準備約翰的歡送會?
Yeah, sure, it's about time we started working out details.
當然,我們是時候該解決細節問題了。
Exactly. We don't want to leave it so late that it's double the work.
沒錯,我們不想拖太久,最后增加工作量。
Mmm, mm, right, do you want me to take notes? That'd be great, thanks.
好的,你想讓我記筆記嗎?這樣太好了,謝謝。
Right, first thing is, when is the best time to hold it?
好的,首先是舉行的最佳時間是什么?
Well, he leaves on the twenty-fourth of December.
他在12月24日離開。
So what about the twenty-second?
那么22日怎么樣?
Yeah, I think that's about right. We want it quite near the time, don't we?
好的,我覺得很合適。我們要在他快走的時候舉行,不是嗎?
Sure, and what about a venue? In college? A hotel?
對。場地呢?在大學還是酒店舉行?
I think a hotel will probably work out rather expensive, and I've been looking at the College Dining Room; Chat seems pretty reasonable?
我認為酒店可能太貴了,學校的餐廳比較合適,價錢好像很合理。好的,為什么不呢?
Fine, yeah, why not? And then we ought to be thinking about invitations ... who mustn't we forget to invite?
之后我們應該想想邀請函的事了,誰是我們必須不能忘記請的?
Well, obviously John and his wife. Right.
顯然是約翰和他的妻子。沒錯。
And the Director. Ah ha. The office staff. Yep, and all the teachers and all the students.
還有主任,辦公室員工。是的,還有所有的老師和學生?
Anyone else? Faculty Heads? No, better draw the line, I don't think it's necessary.
還有嗎?系里的領導?不,最好就到這里了,我覺得沒必要。
Yeah, you're right. I don't mind writing the invitations. When shall we get them out for?
是的,你是對的。我不介意寫邀請,我們什么時候發出去?
Enough time but not too early. What about the fifteenth of December?
時間很充足,不要太早了。12月15日怎么樣?
Well, there are exams on the sixteenth - better avoid them. Tenth? Yeah, that should do it.
16日有考試,最好錯過它們。10號?好的,就這天了。