Excuse me, Dr Johnson. May I speak to you for a minute? Sure. Come in.
您好,約翰遜博士。我能跟您聊一會嗎?當然,請進。
I'm Melanie Griffin. I'm taking your course in Population Studies.
我叫梅蘭尼。格瑞芬。我是您人口研究課的學生。
Right. Well, Melanie, how can I help you?
嗯,那我能幫你什么呢?
I'm having a bit of trouble with the second assignment, and it's during twelve days.
第二個作業我遇到點問題,還有12天就要交了。
What sort of trouble are you having?
什么問題呢?
Is the assignment question a problem?
是作業題目嗎?
Well, that's part of the problem, I'm also having been having trouble getting hold of the books.
嗯,其中一部分吧。我有,其實一直有個問題是找不到需要的書。
I've been to the library several times, and all the books are out.
我已經去過幾次圖書館了,所有書都借出了。
Sounds like you should have started borrowing books a bit earlier.
聽起來你該早點開始借書啊。
Well, I had a really big assignment due in for another course, and I've been spending all my time on that,and I thought...
嗯,其實是我另外一門課有個大作業要交,我一直把時間都花在那上面,想著......
You might get an extension of time to finish your assignment for me?
在我這,你可以延遲交作業的日期。
If that's possible, but I don't know...
可能嗎?但是,我不知道...
Well, yes, it is possible, but extensions are normally given only for medical or compassionate reasons.
嗯是可能的,不過一般延遲日期只批給醫療和私事原因。
Otherwise it's really a question of organizing your study, and we don't like giving extensions to students who simply didn't plan their work properly.
否則這就是你組織學習的問題了,我們也不愿意讓一些不會合理安排學習時間的學生延遲交作業。
What did you get for your first assignment? I got eighty-seven percent.
那你上次的作業分數是多少?我拿了87分。
Mm, yes, you did very well indeed, so obviously you can produce good work.
嗯,成績很好啊。很明顯你的作業質量很高。
I don't think I'll need too much extra time, as long as I can get hold of some of the important references.
我不需要延遲太久,只要我拿到一些重要的參考資料。
Well, since you did so well in your first assignment, I prepared to give you an extra two weeks for this one.
鑒于你上次作業做得那么好,我就批你延遲2個星期交吧。