What do you think you learned from your experience?
你從你的經歷中學到了什么?
It must have been a great opportunity to examine community life.
這里肯定有很多機會考察社區生活。
Yes,but it was difficult at first to be accepted by the locals.
是的,但是起初很難被當地人接受。
It was a very remote village and some of them were reluctant to speak to me although they were always interested in my clothes and how much I'd had to pay for them.
]那是一個非常偏僻的村莊,他們中的一些人不愿意和我說話,盡管他們總是對我的衣服和衣服價錢感興趣。
Well,that's understandable. Yes,but things soon improved.
這個可以理解。是的,漸漸地情況有所改觀。
What struck me was that when people became more comfortable with me and less suspicious, we really connected with each other in a meaningful way.
最讓我驚訝的是村民和我待在一起時感到融洽,也不多疑了,我們可以做真正有意義的溝通了。
You made good friends? Yes,with two of the families in particular.
你交了好朋友嗎?是的,特別是與其中的兩家人。
Good.What about management. Did you have a project manager?
很好。管理怎么樣,你有項目經理嗎?
Yes and he gave me lots of advice and guidance.
是的,他給了我很多建議和指導。
And was he good at managing too?
他也擅長管理嗎?
That wasn't his strong point!
那不是他的強項。我
I think he was often more interested in the academic side of things than filing reports.
認為相比歸檔報告,他對學術方面的事情更感興趣。
He was a bit of a dreamer.
他有一點不切實際。
And did you have a contract?
你簽合同了嗎?
I had to stay for a minimum of three months.
我得在那里至少待3個月。
My parents were surprised when I asked to stay longer - six months in the end.I was so happy there.
當我說我要待得久一點,最后成了6個月時,我父母感到很驚訝。我在那里很開心。
And did anything on the administration side of things surprise you?
有沒有行政上面的事情很吸引你?
What was the food and lodging like?
那里的食物和住宿怎么樣?
Simple...but there was plenty to eat and I only paid seven dollars a day for that which was amazing really.
很簡單,但是有很多吃的,我每天只需花7美元,真的很便宜。
And they gave me all the equipment I needed...even a laptop.
另外他們給了我一切所需的設備,甚至還有一臺筆記本電腦。
You didn't expect that then? No.
你并沒有想到?沒有。
Well,I'll look forward to hearing more.
我期待聽到更多事情。