Hello,Kira,how are you?
你好,基拉,最近好嗎?
Fine thanks,Paul,how are you?
很好,謝謝,保羅,你最近好嗎?
Well,thanks.It's good to see you.
很好,謝謝,見到你很高興。
It must be twelve months since you did our course?
自從你上完我們的課程到現在已經有一年了?
That's right.It's nice to come back and say hello.
沒錯,回來再見面的感覺很好。
What course did you enrol in?
你參加的是什么課程?
Actually,I went straight into third year Pharmacy.
事實上,我直接上的是三年級藥劑學。
They credited me with two years,which probably made it more difficult for me.
他們給了我兩年的學分,這可能讓我覺得更難了。
On the other hand,you were lucky to be granted credits.
另一方面,你能被授予學分很走運。
Is that why you chose the course?
這是你選擇這門課的原因嗎?
Yes.And,as I'd already finished a course in it in my country.
是的,另外我已經在我的國家完成了一門課程。
I thought it would be easier if I studied something I already knew.
我想如果我學一些我已知的知識會簡單一些。
I didn't realise you went into third year.
我不知道你上的是三年級。
I thought you started in first year.
我以為你要從一年級開始學。
No wonder it was so hard!
怪不得會很難!
And what do you think is one of the big differences between studying at a university here and studying in your country?
你覺得在這里上大學和在你的國家上大學最大的區別之一是什么?
Well,I've found it very difficult to write assignments,because I wasn't familiar with that aspect of the system here.
我發現寫作業很難,因為我不熟悉這邊在這方面的體系是什么。
The main problem is that the lecturers expect you to be critical.
主要的問題是老師希望你具有批判性。
That made me feel really terrible.
這讓我覺得很糟糕。
I thought "How can I possibly do it?
我想:“我怎么可能做這個?
How can I comment on someone else's research when they probably spent five years doing it?"
當他們可能花了5年做一個研究的時候,我怎么能對它提意見呢?”
I think a lot of people who come from overseas countries have similar problems.
我想許多留學生都和我有一樣的問題,
But after a while it became easier for me.
但是過了一陣時間,這對我來說就很簡單了。
People expect you to have problems with the process of reading and writing but,in fact,it is more a questionof altering your viewpoint towards academic study.
人們認為你會在讀寫上有問題,但事實上,問題來自改變你對學術研究的觀點。