I'm Tiffany. I have some tips for you on how to quit smoking, like I did.
我是蒂芬尼。我想告訴你一些戒煙的小技巧,我就是這么戒掉的。
First, I did some reading about it.
首先,我讀了一些這方面的書籍。
I found a lot of great advice on how to quit smoking and picked out the ways I thought would work best for me.
我找到了很多關于戒煙的極佳建議,然后挑出了我認為對我來說最有效的一些方法。
I started by setting a quit date.
我設置了一個戒煙期限。
Then I threw out my ashtrays, lighters, and matches.
然后扔掉了我的煙灰缸、打火機和火柴。
I did other things, too, like exercising more. And it worked.
我還做了其他事情,比如多運動。這是有效果的。
But I'd still get cravings. Especially on long car rides.
但我還是有吸煙的欲望。尤其是在開車很久的時候。
To help me with that, I put a picture of my mother in my car.
為了解決這個問題,我在車上放了一張我媽媽的照片。
She died of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes when I was only 16.
在我僅僅16歲的時候,她就因為吸煙而死于肺癌。
Now, I have a 16-year-old daughter.
現在,我有一個16歲的女兒。
That picture of my mother reminds me that I don't want to miss all the things my daughter is going to do in her life, including turning 17.
我媽媽的照片提醒著我不要錯過女兒未來生活中的一切,包括她的17歲生日。
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。