New Words
新單詞
challenge v.
引起,要求
eliminate v.
消除,抵消
adverse adj.
不利的
premium n.
保險金
confirmation n.
確認書
Phrases & Expressions
短語
read one's mind
看出某人的心思
sort out
把...分類,把...整理
more or less
或多或少
run a risk
冒險
lose one's patience
失去耐心
Z:How are you, Mr. Steward? We haven't seen each other for a whole week.
張:您好,斯特沃先生。一周末見了,近來好吧?
S:I'm fine. Yes, time is flying by. How are you, Zhang Jun?
斯:很好,時間過得真快呀!近來你也挺好吧?
Z:Not bad.
張:還行。
S:Really? I'm afraid you have got a lot more questions to challenge me again.
斯:真的嗎?恐怕這次你來,又有一大堆問題等著我呢!
S, Z:Ha-ha... (laughing)
斯與張:哈-哈(一起笑起來)
Z:Yes, you are reading my mind. Last time when I went back to my dormitory,
張:是啊,你可真清楚我是怎么想的。上次我回到宿舍,
I made an effort to sort out the information you provided.
把您講的一大堆內容整理了一下,
I was still a bit confused.
發現還有一些弄不明白。
S:Yes? What exactly bothered you?
斯:是些什么問題呢?
Z:As you said the forward market of foreign exchange is very helpful for companies of foreign trade to avoid possible loss.
張:您說過,期貨外匯交易可以使外貿公司避免一些可能的損失。
S:Yes, that's true.
斯:是的。
Z:But, how about... you see...
張:但,是怎樣來避免的呢?您想...
S:You can give me an example to illustrate your disagreement.
斯:你可以給我一個實例,來講清楚你的不同意見。
Z:For instance, a German company knows that it will need an amount of US dollars in three weeks to pay for imports of facility from the United States of America.
張:比如說,某一德國公司從美國進口一批設備,需要在三周內用美元支付。
As you said, they can buy the dollars forward to reduce or eliminate the risk of an adverse movement in exchange rates between the Deutsch mark and the US dollar.
您說過,這家公司可以作外匯期貨交易購買美元,以降低甚至抵消德國馬克與美元之間匯率的不利變化而產生的風險。
But exchange rates are changing.
但是,匯率在不斷地波動著。
Maybe, there will be a favorable movement in exchange rates between Deutschmark and the US dollar.
也許,德國馬克與美元的匯率有可能產生有利的變化。
Then, why can't the company wait for three weeks to buy the dollars at the spot rate?
那么為何該公司不可以等到三周后再來作即期交易購買美元呢?
S:You are realy smart, Zhang Jun. Let me tell you, that's just the original idea of currency options.
斯:張軍,你的分析真是頭頭是道。我現在告訴你,那只是所謂外匯期權的本來意義,
Z:Currency options? I have never heard of this term. Would you please give me more detailed information about it?
張:外匯期權?這個名詞我從未聽說過.您能否詳細地解釋一
S:Sure. What I told you last Saturday is not wrong.
斯:好的。上周我告訴你的那些沒錯的
But let me give you a wider and more complete picture about foreign exchange.
現在我給你再講一些外匯交易方面的知識。
More or less, foreign exchange dealing involves a calculated gamble on exchange rates.
外匯交易或多或少有點像對匯率來一次有意的賭博。
Z:Why 'gamble'?
張:為什么您用“賭博”這個詞呢?
S:Isn't foreign exchange dealing like a gamble? As you described in your example,
斯:你說,外匯交易像不像賭博?從你舉的例子來說,
the German company may get a better exchange rate if it waits for three weeks to buy the dollars at the spot rate.
那個德國公司如果等到三周以后再即期購買美元,匯率有可能對他們有利:
But things will also go against us. Three weeks later, the rate could be worse.
但也可能事與愿違,三周后的匯率也許變得很糟糕。
So anyway, either course of action runs a risk.
因此,不管是前者,還是后者都承擔風險。
Z:But what are all these related to currency options?
張:但您以上所說的一切與期權有什么關系呢?
S:Oh, don't lose your patience.Under the currency option,the customer pays a premium to the bank.
斯:你得沉住氣呀!想要取得期權,客戶得向銀行支付一筆保證金。
Z:What advantages concerning foreign exchange can the customer enjoy?
張:那么客戶在外匯買賣時享有什么好處呢?
S:After the customer of the bank pays a premium, the bank send out confirmation of the deal.
斯:在客戶向銀行支付了一筆保險費或保證金以后,銀行就出具一份外匯期權交易的確認書。