Dying to be thin...
為了苗條,險些送命
Passage 1
課文 1
Hi Zhou Ling
嗨,周玲
How are you?
你好嗎?
I haven't heard from you for weeks.
已經幾個星期沒有給你寫信了。
Is everything OK with you?
你一切都好嗎?
Do you still go to the gym every day?
你還是每天去健身房嗎?
I used to go to the gym three times a week, but I don't work out any more.
我以前也經常去健身房,一周三次,但我現在不鍛煉了。
I know another way to stay slim.
我知道另一種保持苗條的方法。
Looking good is important to women, isn't it?
外形漂亮對女人來說很重要,不是嗎?
Most young women want a slim figure these days, especially here in Canada.
大多數年輕女性都想擁有苗條的身材,尤其在加拿大這里。
I'm trying to lose weight because I'm so ashamed of my body.
我正在努力減肥,因為我的體形讓我感到很難為情。
Since I'm preparing to act in a new TV show, I'm taking weight-loss pills called Fat-Less, which are quite popular among young women here.
由于我在準備接拍一部新的電視劇,我在服用一種叫做Fat-Less的減肥藥,這種藥在這里的年輕女性中很流行。
I hope to lose at least 10 kilograms.
我希望減掉至少10公斤。
I take two pills a day and don't need to exercise.
我每天吃兩片藥,不需要做運動。
The pills really work!
這種藥真的很有效!
I'm becoming slimmer and slimmer.
我變得越來越苗條了。
I've lost 7 kg in the last two months.
這兩個月我已經減掉了7公斤。
However, sometimes I don't feel energetic.
但是,有時我感到沒有力氣。
My mother, who you met last year, keeps telling me not to take them because they are dangerous.
我媽媽,你去年見過的,她一直告訴我不要吃藥,因為很危險。
She says health is the most important thing, and I agree, but then I look so slim at the moment.
她說健康是最重要的事情,我同意,但是現在我看起來非常苗條。
Write soon!
速回信!
Love
愛你的
Amy
埃米