You must be pretty excited about your trip to Europe, Dorothy.
桃樂茜,要去歐洲旅行了,你一定很激動吧。
When are you leaving?
你什么時候出發啊?
In just two weeks, and I am excited.
兩個星期后出發,我很激動啊。
I've been looking forward to this training program for a long time.
我已經期待這個培訓項目很久了。
But there are still a few things I need to do before I go.
但是我走之前還有一些事情要做。
Like what?
比如?
Like renewing my passport and figuring out what to do with my apartment while I'm gone.
比如辦理護照延期,然后想好我離開的時候我的公寓該怎么辦。
You are not going to give it up, are you?
你不打算放棄它,是吧?
No way! I'll never find another apartment like it around here.
當然不了!在這附近我再也找不到另一間像它一樣的公寓了。
But I don't like the idea of paying three months for an empty apartment, either.
但是我也不想空著房間交三個月房租。
So, I'm looking for someone to take it while I'm away.
所以,我打算在我離開的時候轉租給別人。
Um, let me think. Oh, I know just a person.
嗯,讓我想想。哦,我認識一個人。
An old colleague of mine, Jim Thomas.
他是我以前的一個同事,吉姆·托馬斯。
He is coming here to do some research this summer, from June to August.
他今年夏天六月到八月要來這里做些研究。
Well, that's exactly when I'll be away!
太好了!這剛好是我不在的那段時間。
Tell you what: I'll be calling Jim late this week anyway, so I'll mention it to him.
我跟你說,反正我這周遲些時候也要給吉姆打電話,所以到時候我會跟他提起的。
Well, thanks, Bill.
好的,謝謝你,比爾。