Hello, everyone. Welcome to our program.
大家好,歡迎收看我們的節目。
Today, we are fortunate to have a special guest with us.
今天,我們非常有幸請到一位特殊的嘉賓。
Some of you may have heard of him before. He's an artist.
有些人可能之前有聽說過他。他是一位藝術家。
His works have received many prizes and have been shown in over one hundred exhibitions across the country — Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, to name just a few.
他的作品收獲了很多獎項,而且在全國各地進行了一百多場展覽,比如洛杉磯,紐約,費城。
His name is Chris Cucksy. So Chris, tell us a bit about yourself.
他的名字是Chris Cucksy。所以Chris,簡單介紹下你自己吧。
Well, I was born in Springfield, Missouri, and grew up in Kansas.
嗯,我出生在密蘇里州的斯普林菲爾德,然后我在堪薩斯州長大。
I didn't come from a family with wealth or position, but I did manage to get a master's degree in fine arts.
我不是來自于一個很有錢或很有權勢的家庭,但是我成功地取得了美術碩士學位。
When did you first start to make art?
你最初是從什么時候開始進行藝術創作的呢?
And what was the turning point in your life that made you an artist?
促使你成為一名藝術家的人生轉折點又是什么呢?
I always liked drawing as early as I can remember, so right from then, I knew what I was going to be: an artist.
從我記事開始,我就很喜歡畫畫,所以從那時起我就知道我將來要成為一名藝術家。
What is it that always inspires you to create?
是什么一直給了你創作的靈感呢?
Nature is the biggest inspiration. I'm always inspired by things of beauty and harmony.
大自然永遠是最好的靈感來源。美麗和和諧總能給我很多靈感。