The guest for today is Sue Walter. She is a famous judge in court. Good morning Sue!
今天的嘉賓是蘇·沃爾特。她是一位著名的法官。早上好,蘇!
Good morning, Shon. I am glad to be here today.
早上還,肖恩!很高興今天能夠來到這里。
Your new book, My World, will be published next week. Would you please tell us the theme of your book?
你的新書《我的世界》下星期就要出版了。你能跟告訴我們新書的主題嗎?
Well, I want people who have challenges in their lives to believe that despite their difficulties they can still accomplish a lot.
嗯,我想告訴那些在生活中遇到挑戰的人,盡管他們的生活有很多困難,但是他們還是能成就很多事。
One of my suggestions is to always ask for help.
我的其中一個建議就是總是要尋求幫助。
Right. What's the best part of being a judge in court?
對。那作為一名法庭上的法官,最棒的部分是什么?
Having a voice in the decision-making process. There is something extremely satisfying about that.
在決策程序中擁有說話權。這是讓人感到極度滿足的。
You've been on the children's program. So how do you explain your job to kids?
你也負責兒童的項目,所以你怎么跟孩子解釋你的工作?
I give a very simplified version of what a judge does.
我很簡單的告訴他們一個法官主要做什么。
I talk to them about how the law helps people solve their problems.
我告訴他們法律怎么樣幫助人們解決問題。?
What's your idea of happiness?
你認為幸福是什么?
I think it would be satisfaction of enjoying things with others,
我認為幸福是跟他人分享所得到的滿足感,
meaning when you give it to others, whether it's time, attention, a gift, anything, just those moments of sharing.
就是說當你給他人東西時,不管是時間,關注,禮物還是其它,就是在這些分享的時刻,得到滿足感。
Thank you, Sue.
謝謝你,蘇!