The weather in Britain can change very quickly.
英國的天氣變化非常快
One day last week I went for a walk in the country.
上周有一天 我在英國散步
When I started out early in the morning the weather was beautiful.
我一大早出去的時候 天氣非常好
The sun was shining; the sky was blue; and there was no cloud at all.
陽光明媚 晴空萬里 萬里無云
In the middle of the morning a sudden change came.
等到上午的時候 突然就變了
A strong wind started to blow; black clouds covered the sun.
開始刮起了大風 烏云蔽日
And in a very short time it started to rain heavily.
不一會兒 就下起了傾盆大雨
There were no houses in sight, and I had no coat with me.
目之所見 沒有一戶人家 我也沒穿外套
So I got very wet and very cold, too.
所以我被淋成了落湯雞 還被凍成了狗
After about an hour I managed to catch a coach which took me home.
大約一小時后 我追上了一輛長途公車 把我帶回了家
But when I arrived, it was clear again!
等我到家的時候 天又放晴了
We sometimes say that Britain is a country where you can have four seasons in one day.
有時候我們會說 英國是個一日有四季的國家