Mary: Good morning, Ken!
瑪麗:早上好,肯!
Ken: Good morning, Mary! You look tired. What's wrong with you?
肯:早上好,瑪麗!你看起來很累,怎么了?
Mary: Ken, I hate to bring this up, but that new stereo system you got ...
瑪麗:肯,我本來不想提這件事,但你買的新音響……
Ken: Yeah?
肯:嗯?
Mary: You were playing it very late last night.
瑪麗:你昨晚放音樂放到很晚。
Ken: Yes, some of my friends and I were having a party.
肯:嗯,我和一些朋友在聚會。
Mary: It kept me awake.
瑪麗:我一直睡不著覺。
Ken: Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know how that could have happened.
肯:哦,我很抱歉,我不知道會發生這樣的事。
Mary: Actually, it kept me awake for a couple of hours.
瑪麗:實際上,它吵得我幾個小時都沒有睡著。
Ken: I'm awfully sorry. I ... I didn't realize it was that loud.
肯:實在對不住,我……我沒有意識到它有這么吵。
Mary: It was quite loud, and it was pretty late. I've got to get up early in the morning, so I thought I'd better talk to you.
瑪麗:真的很吵,而且又很晚了。我早上得早起,所以我覺得最好還是和你說一下。
Ken: I owe you an apology for what I did last night. It simply didn't occur to me that it was bothering you. I promise I'll keep it down in the future.
肯:針對昨晚的所作所為,我該向你道歉。我沒有意識到我會打擾你,我保證以后會小點聲的。
Mary: It's OK. You know, it only happened once.
瑪麗:沒關系,你知道的,這種情況就發生過一次。
Ken: I'm glad we've straightened everything out.
肯:很高興我們解決了這件事情。