A Talk time
A 交談時間
Expressing congratulations, compliments, and sympathy
表示祝賀,稱贊和同情。
When you are happy about other's good luck or success, you congratulate them.
當你為別人的好運或成功感到開心時,你祝賀他們。
When you pay compliments to people, you praise them.
當你給人們稱贊時,你表揚他們。
When you feel sorry for them, you show them sympathy.
你為某人感到難過時,你同情他們。
Expressing congratulations/compliments
表達祝賀/稱贊
Congratulations! Well done!
祝賀你!做的好!
You deserved to win/pass!
你應該贏/通過!
That's wonderful news!
這個消息太棒了!
I'm delighted for you!
我為你感到高興!
Expressing sympathy
表達同情
Oh, I am sorry!
哦,我很難過!
What a shame! What a pity!
真可惜!真遺憾!
That's terrible! How awful!
太糟了!真糟糕!
A1 Judy and Paul have not seen each other for a long time.
A1 朱迪和保羅很長時間沒有見面了。
Read their conversation and practise it in pairs.
讀讀他們的對話,并兩人一組互相練習。
Hi, Paul. Long time no see.What's new?
嗨,保羅。很長時間沒見了。有什么新消息嗎?
Hi, Judy. They've just elected me monitor.
海,朱迪。我剛當選為班長。
Congratulations! You deserve it.
祝賀你!你值得當選。
Thanks. What's new with you, Judy?
謝謝。朱蒂,你有什么新消息嗎?
Someone stole my new bike last week.
上周我的新自行車被偷了。
That's terrible! You must be angry.
真糟糕!你一定很生氣。
You can say that again.
確實是。