A New Newspaper
一份新的報紙
Soon after the term started, some Grade Eight students at Mayfield school wanted to publish a newspaper.
新學期開學不久,梅菲爾德學校幾個八年級的學生想創辦一份報紙。
They held a meeting.
他們開了一個會。
Later, Arthur wrote this report about their meeting for the headmaster.
后來,亞瑟給校長寫了一份關于會議的報告。
We held a meeting after school.
我們放學后開了一個會。
Pansy, Tony, Joyce, Millie and I were at the meeting.
潘西,托尼,喬伊斯,米莉和我參加了會議。
First, we decided to elect the chief editor.
首先,我們決定選出一位主編。
Tony suggested that we should choose Joyce, because she has experience.
托尼提議選喬伊斯,因為她有經驗。
She was editor of her class newspaper last year. Then we all voted for her.
她去年是她們班報的編輯。我們一致選她。
We elected Joyce to be the chief editor.
我們選喬伊斯為主編。
Then Joyce took charge of the meeting.
隨后喬伊斯主持會議。
She said that we ought to elect a secretary next.
她說下面我們需要選一位秘書。
She asked for suggestions.
她向大家征求意見。
Millie suggested me, because I had experience too.
米莉提議選我,因為我也有秘書經驗。
I was secretary of the Reading club last year.
我去年是閱讀俱樂部的秘書。
Then the others voted for me, and I was elected to be the secretary.
其他人也選我,我就當選為秘書。
I started taking notes.
我開始進行會議記錄。
Joyce said that the other three would be editors of the paper.
喬伊斯說其他三人是報紙的編輯。
They would be responsible for different sections of the paper.
他們分別負責不同的版塊。
Pansy asked which sections they would have.
潘西問誰應該負責哪個版。
Joyce told them to talk it over among themselves, and said we would decide at the next meeting.
喬伊斯讓他們自己討論,并說我們在下一次會議上決定。
Then we made a list of some other things we should discuss.
接著我們就需要討論的其他事項做了列表。
For example, how often should we publish the paper?
例如,我們的報紙多長時間出一期?
Should it be free to readers, or should they pay for it?
它應該對讀者免費呢,還是讀者應該付費?
What should we call it?
我們給它取個什么名字?
We considered the last question briefly.
我們就最后一個問題簡短的討論了一下。
Pansy asked whether we could call it the Mayfield Sun.
潘西問我們是否應叫它梅菲爾德太陽報。
Millie suggested the Mayfield Mirror or the Mayfield Star.
米莉建議叫它梅菲爾德鏡報或梅菲爾德明星報。
We all had different ideas, and so Joyce said that we should think about this a bit longer.
我們各持己見,因此喬伊斯說我們應該多留點時間來考慮這個問題。
We would make a decision about the name at the next meeting.
我們要在下次會議上決定我們的報紙名稱。
We agreed to conclude the meeting then.
然后我們同意休會。
We arranged to have the next meeting in one week's time.
我們安排一周后再次開會。