(Jane meets Kangkang and Yukio at the school gate.)
(簡在學校門口遇到了康康和由紀夫。)
Jane:Hi, Kangkang and Yukio!
簡:嗨,康康,由紀夫!
Yukio:Hello, Jane!
由紀夫:你好,簡!
Kangkang:Yukio, when Jane says "Hi" she waves her hand, but when you say "Hello" you bow.
康康:由紀夫,簡說“嗨”的時候,她招了手,你說“你好”的時候,你是鞠的躬。
Yukio:In Japan, we bow when we are saying hello as a sign of respect.
由紀夫:在日本,我們打招呼的時候會鞠躬,來表示對對方的尊敬。
Jane:In Canada, we wave as a sign of peace and feiendship.
簡:在加拿大,我們招手來表示和平和友誼。
Kangkang:I think that is known as body language. We use body language to communicate how we feel, even if there is silence.
康康:我覺得那就是肢體語言。即便安靜的時候,我們也會用肢體語言來交流我們的感受。
Yukio:Did you notice that Miss Wang smiles when she is happy, and when she is angry she put her hands on her hips? Then I know whether she will praise or punish us.
由紀夫:你有沒有注意到方老師高興的時候就會笑,生氣的時候就會把手放在身體兩側?那樣我就會知道她是要表揚還是要懲罰我們。
Jane:When my little sister is angry, she crosses her arms and stamps her foot!
簡:我妹妹生氣的時候就會雙臂交叉跺著腳。
Kangkang:I wonder if body language means the same thing in all cultures.
康康:我想知道肢體語言在所有文化中是不是同一個意思。
Jane:We should do some research. People could communicate better if they knew more about their body language.
簡:我們應該調查一下。如果人們更加了解肢體語言,就能更好的溝通了。
Yukio:Let's ask Miss Wang and Ms. Jones if they will help us with our research.
由紀夫:我們問問方老師和瓊斯老師,看她們會不會幫我們做調查。
Jane:That is a good idea. Goodbye, Kangkang. Goodbye, Yukio.
簡:好主意。再見,康康。再見,由紀夫。
Kangkang and Yukio:Goodbye, Jane.
康康和由紀夫:再見,簡。