It's Saturday evening.
周日晚上,
Li Ming, Jenny and Brian are chatting online.
李明,珍妮和布萊恩正在網上聊天。
Hi Li Ming! Guess what we did today!
你好,李明!猜猜我們今天干了什么?
I have no idea. Did you go shopping?
我不知道。你們去購物了?
I know Christmas is coming.
我知道圣誕節就要到了。
You are smart.
你真聰明。
But did you know that we went shopping in Chinatown?
可你知道我們是去唐人街購物了嗎?
Really? Did you have a good time?
這的嗎?你們玩得開心嗎?
Yes. We bought a big Christmas tree, some decorations and gifts.
是的。我們買了一棵大圣誕樹,一些裝飾品和小禮物。
I really enjoyed the lunch we had there.
我真的很喜歡在那里吃的午餐。
I had a bowl of noodles, and I used chopsticks and a spoon instead of a fork and a knife.
我吃了一大碗面條,我用的是筷子和勺子,而不是刀和叉。
My parents love to have lunch and shop there, although parking is a problem.
我父母喜歡去那吃飯購物,盡管哪里停車是個難題。
My dad had to park his car in the underground parking lot.
我爸爸不得不把車停在地下停車場。
Do they speak Chinese there?
他們說會中文嗎?
In the stores and restaurants, people spoke English to me, but many of them speak Chinese to each other.
在商店和餐館人們對我說英語,但是很多人說中文。
And there were red lanterns everywhere.
到處都是紅色的燈籠。
Danny and I watched a wonderful dragon dancing performance during the Spring Festival last year.
去年春節期間丹妮和我觀看了一場精彩的舞龍表演。
That's interesting. I hope we have a North American town here.
那很有趣。我希望我們這兒能有一個北美小鎮。
Then you can celebrate Christmas and get gifts from Santa Claus.
那么你們能慶祝圣誕節,還可以收到圣誕老人的禮物。
I love Santa Claus.
我喜歡圣誕老人。
Do you believe it's Santa Claus who brings you gifts, Brian?
你認為是圣誕老人送來的禮物嗎,布萊恩?
Of course not. Only little kids believe that.
當然不是。只有小孩子們才相信。
But we do have lots of fun.
但是我們也很快樂。
What do you usually do during the Spring Festival, Li Ming?
李明,你們春節期間通常做些什么呢?
There are so many special things about the Spring Festival.
這有許多有關春節的特別的事情。
Young children usually get gifts - lucky money.
年幼的孩子通常受到禮物--壓歲錢。
We eat dumplings and many other delicious foods.
我們吃餃子和許多其他可口的事物。
We have temple fairs and all kinds of performances.
我們有廟會和各種表演。
It's the most important festival in China.
它是中國最重要的節日。
I hope I can go to Chinatown again to see the Spring Festival.
我希望春節我能再去唐人街。