A dog's story
一只狗的故事
My name is Robbie. I was born on a farm with my brothers and sisters.
我的名字叫 Robbie,與我的兄弟姐妹出生在一個農場。
One day, a man and two little boys came to the farm.
有一天,一個男人和兩個小男孩來到了農場。
“Which dog do you want?” the man asked.
“你想要哪個狗嗎?”男人問。
“We want that one!” the boys said. They chose me!
“我們要那只!”男孩們說。他們選擇了我!
They drove me to my new home in the city.
他們開車帶我到我城里的新家。
The boys promised they would look after me very carefully, and they did.
男孩承諾他們會很好地照顧我,而且他們做到了。
They fed me, played with me and walked me every day.
他們喂我吃飯,陪我玩耍并天天陪我散步。
Then one day, they got a computer.
后來有一天,他們得到了一臺電腦。
After that, the boys played computer games all the time.
從此之后,男孩們把所有的時間都花在玩電腦游戲上了。
They did not play with me or feed me any more.
他們不再跟我玩耍,喂我吃東西了。
Eventually the boys' father took me to a pet centre.
最后,男孩的父親把我帶到的寵物中心。
He told the staff that his boys loved their computer more than me.
他告訴工作人員,他的孩子們愛自己的電腦比我多。
The centre gave me lots of food and took good care of me.
該中心給了我很多食物并把我照顧得很好。
One day, a nice girl called Emma came to visit.
有天,一位叫 Emma 的漂亮女孩來(寵物中心)參觀。
“Do you want to come home with me?” she asked.
“你愿意跟我回家嗎?”她問。
“Woof!” I said. She smiled and took me home.
“汪!”我說。她笑了,于是把我帶回了家。
Emma feeds me and takes me for walks every day.
Emma 每天喂我,帶我散步。
I know I will live here happily for the rest of my life.
我知道我將在這里快樂地度過我的后半輩子了。