聽力文本:
Conversation One
對話一
M: Where are you working these days?
男:這陣子你在哪工作呢?
W: I'm working at the restaurant around the station.
女:我在車站附近的餐館工作。
M: What's it like working in a restaurant?
男:在餐館工作感覺如何?
W: Well, it's... busy times are busy, but boring sometimes. It's just usual work: washing dishes, serving. It's pretty normal, not a big deal job. I really like it, but at the same time I'm looking for more. I think I should look for a desk job or something.
女:忙起來的時候特別忙,有時也會閑的無聊。就是些日常的工作:洗碗,招呼客人。工作內容再平常不過,不值得一提。雖然我很喜歡現在的這份工作,但我還是想換一份工作。我覺得我應該換一份辦公室或者其他什么的工作。
M: Oh, a desk job! You really work hard.
男:哦,辦公室的工作!看來你真的很上進。
W: What about you? Any preference after graduation?
女:你呢?畢業后有什么求職意向?
M: I don't know. Maybe I could work at a... maybe a clothing store.
男:我不知道。也許我會去......服裝店工作吧。
W: Oh, really!
女:哦?真的嗎!
M: I do enjoy fashion, and I need to update my wardrobe, so a little discount would be nice.
男:我喜歡追求時尚,而且我想給我的衣柜“改頭換面”,所以有折扣活動的話再好不過了。
W: I hear that there's an opening at Bloomingdale's.
女:我可是聽說布魯明戴爾百貨店正在舉辦開業典禮。
M: Oh, awesome! But... umm...
男:哦,太好了!可是......呃......
W: You should give it a try.
女:你應該去看看。
M: Maybe. But I'm not really a people person, though.
男:試試看吧,可我不善交際。
W: A people person? What do you mean?
女:不善交際?你的意思是?
M: I can't just go up to new people and start talking to them. It's a little difficult for me.
男:我真的不擅長走到陌生人面前跟他們聊天。對我來說太難了。
W: You can make it. But in my point of view, sometimes I think that's sort of a little annoying, you know, someone just starts talking with you with words like "Oh, this looks good on you!"
女:你一定可以的。我個人認為,有時候這樣的對話反而讓顧客反感,有的人上來就跟你說“天哪,這件衣服跟你實在是太搭了!”
M: Yes, I understand. They use some very strong mind tricks to get you to buy things.
男:是的,我理解。他們利用強烈的心理暗示說服顧客買東西。
W: Yeah. Well, you're good at mind tricks, aren't you?
女:對啊。那你很擅長心理暗示,對吧?
M: I was good at being played by mind tricks, but now good at doing mind tricks.
男:對別人的心理暗示毫無抵抗力,但是自己卻不擅長給別人心理暗示。
W: Well, I guess you still have nine months left.
女:嗯,我覺得你要走的路還很長。
M: Yeah, it's a little depressing though, having to be responsible for myself 100%.
男:是啊,要對自己100%負責,的確令人沮喪。
W: Good luck!
女:那就祝你好運了!
M: Thanks!
男:多謝!
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
問題8到問題11是基于你剛剛聽到的這段對話的
Question 8.What does the woman think of her job?
問題8 女性覺得自己的工作如何?
Question 9.Why does the man want to work in a clothing store?
問題9 為什么男性想去服裝店工作?
Question 10.What does "a people person" mean?
問題10 "a people person"是什么意思?
Question 11.What makes the man feel depressed?
問題11 是什么讓男性覺得沮喪?
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載