Conversation Two
對話二
Oh, where are we going?
我們要去哪兒?
I want to show you something.
我想給你看些東西。
I know, but what is it?
我知道,但是關于什么的?
A farm. It's just down this road. It's a small place, but at least it would be our own.
一個農場,靠近公路那邊,有點小但至少是屬于我們的。
A farm? How can we afford to buy a farm?
農場?我們怎么買得起?
It isn't very large, only 40 acres. We wouldn't have to pay very much right now.
不是很大,只有40畝。我們現在不用急著付款。
Is there a house on the place?
那地方有房子住嗎?
A small one, two bedrooms, but it needs to be fixed up a little. I can do the job myself.
有一個小房子,里面有兩間臥室,但是有點小問題,需要修復一下。這個我能搞定。
OK. Is there enough space for a kitchen garden?
好的,那里有足夠的地方做菜園嗎?
There is about half an acre around the house. That's plenty of space.
有足夠的空間。房子周圍有半英畝地。
Then we can grow our own fresh vegetables. And maybe keep a few chickens, couldn't we?
我們可以種些蔬菜。也許還可以養一些雞,不是嗎?
Yes, and we can probably grow a lot of our own food.
是的,我們可以種很多糧食。
What are you thinking about growing, if we do take this place?
如果我們住那里,你想種什么?
Well, it really isn't big enough for corn. I thought we might try to raise a crop of potatoes.
那里應該沒有足夠的地方種玉米。我覺得我們可以嘗試種土豆。
Potatoes? There are a lot of work.
土豆?工作量很大。
We are used to hard work, aren't we?
我們已經習慣辛苦工作了,不是嗎?
Yes, we are, but the money. Do we have enough to get started? It seems like a dream.
是的,但是錢呢。我們的錢夠嗎?這像是做夢。
I think we've saved enough. We can pay a little on the farm and maybe put a few dollars down on the tractor, too.
我想,我們已經存夠了。我們能支付農場的一小部分或許還能買一輛拖拉機。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
基于你聽到的回答問題22至25。
Question 22. What are the speakers going to do at the time of the conversation?
問題22. 對話中作者要去哪?
Question 23. What does the man say about the farm?
問題23. 男人說了些農場的什么內容?
Question 24. Why does the man intend to grow potatoes rather than corn on the farm?
問題24. 為什么男人要在農場上種土豆而不是種玉米?
Question 25. What is the woman's greatest concern about the man's plan?
問題25. 女人對男人的計劃最關注的是什么?