Woman: Human Resources, Mary speaking. Can I help you?
我是人力資源部的瑪麗。您需要幫忙嗎?
Man: Oh good morning. I'd like to speak to Peter Robinson, please.
哦,早上好。請把電話給彼得·羅賓遜,我想和他講話。
Woman: I'm afraid Mr Robinson's out of the office at the moment.
羅賓遜先生恐怕現在不在辦公室。
Man: I see. It's Roshan Singh here, from Accounts.
我知道了。我是會計部的羅山·辛格。
I really need to speak to him fairly urgently.
我迫切需要和他講話。
Woman: He's not going to be back until Thursday.
他周四才回來呢。
I'm his Personal Assistant, maybe I can help you.
我是他的私人助理,或許我可以幫到您。
Man: OK. The thing is I've had a very attractive job offer.
好的。我獲得了一份很有吸引力的工作機會。
Woman: Oh, congratulations. Where is it?
哦,恭喜。在哪里?
Man: Well, I don't want to say too much about it right now, but it would be a promotion and the pay and conditions are very good.
嗯,我現在不想說太多,但我升職了,薪水和條件都非常不錯。
The trouble is I need to speak to Mr Robinson about my pension before I make a final decision.
問題是,我需要和羅賓遜先生說說我的退休金,然后再做最后的決定。
Woman: I tell you what I'll do.
我跟你說我會做什么。
I'll give him a message as soon as he gets in on Thursday morning.
他周四早上一回來,我就跟他說。
Man: If you could, I'd be grateful, because I've got to give them an answer by Friday morning.
如果可以的話,我會很感激的,因為我周五早上之前要給他答復。
Woman: All right. I've made a note of that.
好的。我會記下來的。
I'll contact you as soon as I've spoken to him on Thursday.
我周四早上和他講過之后,就會聯系你的。
Man: Thanks a lot.
十分感謝。