Woman: Hello. Jill speaking.
你好,我是吉爾。
Man: Jill, it's Robert. I've just visited a company and I need a quotation to go in the post to them tonight. Can you do one?
吉爾,我是羅伯特。我剛剛拜訪了一家公司,我需要今晚郵寄給他們一份報價。你能做一個嗎?
Woman: Sure. If you give the details...
當然。如果你能給我詳細信息的話...
Man: OK, I'll give you a reference first. X-B-2-8-double-3-6.
好的。我先給你一份參照標準,X-B-2-8-3-3-6。
Woman: Right. And who's the quotation for?
好的。報價是報給哪家公司呢?
Man: Johnston Ltd. They're a new customer at Campfield Retail Park.
約翰斯頓有限公司。他們是坎普菲爾德零售公園的新客戶。
Woman: Is that J-O-H-N-S-T-O-N-E?.
拼寫是“J-O-H-N-S-T-O-N-E”嗎?
Man: No E at the end.
結尾沒有“E”。
Woman:Right. And what is the quote for?
好的。報價的商品是什么?
Man: The white patterned cotton.
有白色圖案的棉布。
Woman: We sell that in rolls of fifty metres.
我們賣50米一卷的那種。
Man:Well, they want three thousand metres altogether.
他們總共想要3000米長的棉布。
Woman: So I'll put down sixty then.
所以我寫60卷就行。
Man: Fine. And you'll need the product name. It's Cascade, C-A-S-C-A-D-E.
是的。你也需要產品名稱。名稱是小瀑布,C-A-S-C-A-D-E。
Woman: Oh yes, I know. Should I put the normal thirty days payment terms?
是的,我知道。要按照一般的三十天付款條款嗎?
Man: Well, they actually wanted sixty days credit, but as they're new customers, I've insisted on twenty-one. We can review it later.
嗯,他們實際上想要60天的賒購,但由于他們是新客戶,我堅持要21天。我們以后再討論。
Woman:OK, fine. And, er, no discount to begin with?
好的。一開始沒有折扣嗎?
Man:They originally wanted thirty percent but we compromised on seventeen
他們一開始想要30%的折扣,但是我們讓步到17%,
even though it's more than the fifteen we usually offer -I think they could be a good account to win.
即使通常我們提供的都是超過15%的折扣-我認為他們會是一個很好的客戶。
Woman: Yes.
是的。
Man: So it should be five thousand, seven hundred and fourteen pounds altogether to pay.
所以總共要付五千七百一十四英鎊。
Woman:Right,I've got all that. I'll make sure …
好的,我會都記下來的。我會確保...