Woman:Indeed. Does the magazine now make enough money from advertising to keep going without too much outside investment?
確實?,F在雜志可以從廣告中獲得足夠的收入來維持運轉而不需要太多外部投資嗎?
Man: Of course not, though our advertising income is excellent.
當然不能。盡管我們的廣告收入非常好。
Our first copy alone brought in over twenty thousand pounds,
單是第一份雜志就帶來了超過兩萬英鎊的收入。
but we're still considered a risk by the banks so we are very lucky that
但銀行仍然認為我們有風險,所以我們我們非常幸運的是,
we have several people willing to invest in us on a personal basis.
有一些人愿意以個人名義向我們投資。
Shall I tell you how many copies of the magazine we sold last month?
我可以告訴你上個月我們的雜志賣了多少本嗎?
Woman: Forty, fifty thousand?
四五萬本?
Man: About seventy-five thousand. I'm really pleased sales have increased so rapidly.
大約是7.5萬本。我非常開心銷量能增長得這么快。
Apart from one month when they dropped slightly,
除了有一個月銷量有輕微的下降,
sales have grown until they reached the seventy-five thousand mark three months ago, where they've stayed.
銷量一直在增加,直到三個月前銷量增到7.5萬的數字,并維持了下去。
Woman: And how do you see the magazine developing, James, say over the next year?
詹姆斯,在未來一年,你如何預期雜志的發展?
Man: I'm keen to see it read by more people, of course, but that doesn't mean I want to make any great changes.
當然我希望雜志能被更多人閱讀,但是這并不意味著我想要做任何大的改變。
It looks good now, it feels right. I'm getting all the publicity I need.
它現在看起來很好,感覺沒問題。我已經有了所有我需要的宣傳渠道。
All I've got to work on is getting it out to more places so that it is more widely available.
我所要做的就是把它傳播到更多的地方,這樣它就能被更廣泛地閱讀。
At the moment, it's basically only available in London. I want to make sure everyone can buy it.
現在,它基本上只能在倫敦買到。我想確保每個人都能買到。
Woman: Well, good luck with that, James.
祝你好運詹姆斯。
Man: Thank you.
謝謝。