Five: What is the man going to order?
五:這位男士要預訂什么?
Man: Hello, Peggy, here are the catalogues I borrowed yesterday.
男:你好,佩吉,這是我昨天借的商品目錄。
Woman: Oh, thanks, Sam. Did you find a filing cabinet you liked?
女:哦,謝謝你,薩姆。你找到喜歡的文件柜了嗎?
Man: Yes, this one . . . I’m going to phone the order through now.
男:找到了,就是這個……我現在要把訂單打過去。
I like the desks as well -I don't need a new one, unfortunately!
我也喜歡這些桌子,不過我現在不需要換一個新的!
Woman: And what about the computer chairs?
女:那電腦椅呢?
Man: Yes, they look really comfortable. Maybe another time!
男:是的,看起來很舒服。或許下次有機會吧!
Six: What is the reduction in the company's exports?
六:公司的出口下降了多少?
Man: The sales figures aren’t good, are they?
男:銷售數據不好,是嗎?
Woman: No. Down by 8%. Exports are the problem... they're down by about 9% because interest rates have gone up again and the pound is so high.
女:是的,下降了8%。出口是個問題……下降了9%,因為利率又上升了,英鎊居高不下。
Woman: So what are interest rates now?
女:那么現在的利率是多少?
Man: 7%,I hope they don't go up again.
男:7%,希望不要再漲了。