Woman: And what was your main problem? Nervousness? I know that's mine.
您主要的問題是什么呢?緊張?我知道這是我的問題所在。
Man: Well I had always thought it was nervousness, and it's true that at the time I had no techniques for dealing with that.
我以前一直以為是緊張,在那時,我的確沒有能夠解決這個問題的技巧。
But I think audiences accept the fact that speakers get nervous, and it really doesn't matter.
但我認為,觀眾可以接受演講者很緊張的事實,而且這真的不要緊。
No, I discovered that my No. 1 problem was preparation.
不,我發現我最大的問題出在準備工作上。
Nobody had ever told me anything about how to prepare, and I didn't really know how to do it properly.
沒有人告訴我該如何準備,而且我真的不知道如何正確準備。
Woman: And when you realised that, what did you change?
當您意識到這一點的時候,您作何改變了呢?
Man: Well, before, I used to go through the whole presentation in an empty room on my own.
我以前經常會在一個空房間里自己把整個演講過一遍。
The first change in my approach
我做的第一個改變
came when I realised it's much more realistic and much more useful to do it in front of two or three colleagues.
就是當我意識到,更現實、更有用的準備辦法是在兩三個同事面前做演講的時候。
That way you get some feedback.
這樣的話你可以得到一些反饋。
Otherwise you have no idea whether or not your presentation is effective, or which parts might need further attention.
否則你不知道你的演講是否有效,也不知道哪個部分可能需要更多關注。
Woman: Is that the method you recommend now?
您現在是推薦這個方法嗎?
Man: Well, not quite. What I would advise is to make a video of your practice presentation ...
不完全是。我會建議你拍一個練習演講的視頻……
Woman: Instead of using colleagues?
而不是用同事?
Man: No, a recording of your presentation to them.
不,拍下你給他們做演講的視頻。
Then it's easier for all of you to go back and see what's wrong and how it can be improved.
這樣你們回去看看哪里出了問題以及如何改正就會變得更容易。
It's actually much better than recording other people doing real presentations, however good they are.
這其實比錄下其他人的實戰演講要更好,不管他們做的有多好。