Man: Hello Angela. What's wrong? You don't look very cheerful!
你好,安吉拉。怎么了?你看起來不太高興!
Woman: Hi Matthew. No, I'm not very pleased. I've just heard Phil Jones, one of my junior managers, has handed in his resignation!
你好,馬修。是的,我不太高興。我剛聽說菲爾·瓊斯,我的一個初級經理,遞交了辭呈。
Man: Hmm. One of the managers in my department resigned three days ago - and then there were two who left in June.
我部門的一個經理三天前辭職了,還有兩位六月份離開了。
Woman: What's wrong with them? Don't they like working here?
他們怎么了?他們不喜歡在這里工作嗎?
Man: Oh,it's not that. We always have dozens of applicants for junior management posts.
哦,不是這樣的。我們總是有幾十個人申請初級管理職位。
Woman: Yes, because they know they can get good experience here that'll be useful in the future.
是的,因為他們知道他們可以在這里得到很好的經驗,這在未來是有用的。
Man: Right. And once they've gained some experience with us, they can get a better-paid job somewhere else.
對。一旦他們在我們這里積累了一些經驗,他們就能在其他地方找到一份薪水更高的工作。
Woman: You're right,I know,but why is it always about the money?
你是對的,我知道,但是為什么它總是關于錢?
Man: Lots of people are like that now. I suppose these junior managers are no different...
現在很多人都是這個樣子。我認為這些初級經理也沒什么不同。
But you know …I think they shouldn't be in such a hurry to leave.
但是你知道,我認為他們不應該這么快就離開。
They know the company likes to keep staff who are good at their jobs,
他們知道公司喜歡留住擅長本職工作的員工,
and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion if they stay longer than two years.
如果他們呆的時間超過兩年,就會有很多升職的機會。