Woman: Thanks for sparing the time to help with my article.
謝謝你抽出時間幫我寫這篇文章。
Man: That's OK. You'd like to know about our website?
沒關系。你想知道我們的網站嗎?
Woman: Yes. Who is responsible for updating it?
是的,誰負責更新?
Man: Our IT department's relatively small, and our technical staff lack the skills needed,
我們的IT部門規模相對較小,技術人員缺乏所需的能力,
so the work is contracted out to our IT consultant ...
所以工作都是外包給我們的IT顧問…
but our Marketing Team had some creative input at the start.
但一開始我們的營銷團隊有一些創造性的投入。
Woman: Does the website serve its purpose?
這個網站運行還好嗎?
Man: Basically, yes. It's a big site because of all the details we include of our products,
基本上還行。這是一個很大的網站,里面包含我們產品的所有細節,
and as it's primarily aimed at trade customers, putting up pages like the company history ... or annual report ... seems pointless.
由于它主要針對的是行業客戶,所以貼出公司歷史之類的頁面……或者年度報告……似乎毫無意義。
Woman: Are you intending to use your site in other ways?
你打算換個方式嗎?
Man: We looked into internet recruitment, but decided against it.
我們調查了互聯網招聘,但決定不這么做。
We're exploring online selling -
我們正在探索網上銷售-
I think that'll happen quite soon.
我想很快就可以實現了。
Apart from that, I'm unconvinced of the benefits of further investment.
除此之外,我不確定進一步投資的好處。
Woman: Could I ask why?
我能知道原因嗎?
Man: Well, the bigger the site, the more technical problems there are, and that impacts on staffing.
嗯,網站越大,技術問題就越多,這會影響到人員配備。
Fundamentally, any marketing activity has to be cost effective, and that's my main concern about the internet.
從根本上說,任何營銷活動都要有成本效益,這是我對互聯網的主要擔心。
Woman: Well, thanks very much for your help.
嗯,非常感謝你的幫助。