A Fragment — Lord Byron
《碎片》拜倫
When, to their airy hall, my Fathers' voice shall call my spirit, joyful in their choice
當我父的聲音響徹他們寬敞的禮堂,我要呼喚我的靈魂,為它們的選擇喜樂
When poised upon the gale, my form shall ride
當我的身軀攜呼嘯狂風而馳騁
Or dark in mist, descend the mountain's side
或在黑霧中下山
Oh! may my shade behold no sculptured urns
哦!愿陰影下不見精雕的骨灰盒
To mark the spot where earth to earth returns!
為了標識這塵歸塵、土歸土的地方
No lengthened scroll, no praise-encumbered stone
沒有冗長的卷軸,沒有滿鐫贊揚的石塊
My 'epitaph' shall be my name alone
我的“墓志銘”上有的只是我姓名
If 'that' with honour fail to crown my clay
如果那名字不能為我的土地光榮加冕
Oh! may no other fame my deeds repay!
哦!愿對我的功績不要報以虛名
That', only 'that', shall single out the spot
“那名”,只有“那名”,方能昭示該地
By that remembered, or with that forgot
要么名與我均記,或者我與名俱忘