Come Walk With Me — Emily Brontë
《與我同行》艾米莉·勃朗特
Come, walk with me
來吧,與我漫步
There's only thee to bless my spirit now
現在只有你來為我的靈魂祈福
We used to love on winter nights to wander through the snow
我們曾在冬日夜晚于雪地漫步
Can we not woo back old delights?
我們還能再體會舊日的歡喜么
The clouds rush dark and wild
烏云密布
They fleck with shade our mountain heights, the same as long ago
與很久以前一樣遮蔽我們的高山頂端
And on the horizon rest at last, in looming masses piled
最后在地平線上,在若隱若現中窸窸窣窣的落雨
While moonbeams flash and fly so fast, we scarce can say they smiled
而月光澄澈飛躍的如此之快,我們難得的可以說他們在笑
Come walk with me, come walk with me, we were not once so few
與我漫步,與我漫步吧,我們不孤獨
But Death has stolen our company as sunshine steals the dew
死神偷走了我們的伴侶,陽光偷走了露水
He took them one by one and we are left the only two
他逐一地奪取我們僅有的一對
So closer would my feelings twine because they have no stay but thine
如此纏繞無厘頭接近于我的感情,只因他們毫無影蹤,但你停留
Nay call me not - it may not be
不要喚我,也許你不是對的人
Is human love so true?
人類間有真愛么
Can Friendship's flower droop on for years and then revive anew?
友誼的花朵會枯萎多年,然后重新蘇醒嗎?
No, though the soil be wet with tears
不,雖然土壤被淚水沾濕了
How fair soever it grew
但它依然公平地呵護每一株植物生長
The vital sap once perished will never flow again and surer than that dwelling dread
重要的是植物的汁液一旦耗盡就不會再流,居所一旦無人就會令人心生恐懼
The narrow dungeon of the dead, time parts the hearts of men
死亡無情劃出狹窄的地牢,時間在人心留下不可逾越的鴻溝