Chapter 7 Gratitude
第七章 心存感恩使我們更加富足
THE ilustrations given in the last chapter will have conveyed to the reader the fact
我希望讀者能夠通過上一章的最后一則事例明白一個事實,
that the first step toward getting rich is to convey the idea of your wants to the Formless Substance.
那就是,大膽地向無形的物質表達自己的愿望就是我們邁向財富的第一步。
This is true,
此乃千真萬確,絕無半點虛言。
and you will see that in order to do so it becomes necessary to relate yourself to the Formless Intelligence in a harmonious way.
而且你將會發現,為了做到這一點,你會在不知不覺中與無形的智能物質建立一種和諧的關系。
To secure this harmonious relation is a matter of such primary and vital importance
該和諧的關系是你其他所有后續行動的基礎,它是如此重要,
that I shall give some space to its discussion here, and give you instructions which,
以至于我認為我必須在此對該關系本身,以及如何建立這樣的關系加以詳細的說明。
if you will follow them, will be certain to bring you into perfect unity of mind with God.
如果你能夠按照我的指示去做,就一定可以用思想與它建立一種和睦的關系。
The whole process of mental adjustment and atonement can be summed up in one word, gratitude.
在這一過程中,如果要用一個詞來概括所有思想的調整、升華等各方面的改變,那就是感恩。
First, you believe that there is one Intelligent Substance, from which all things proceed;
首先,你要相信有一種智能物質,萬物皆因其而誕生;
second, you believe that this Substance gives you everything you desire,
其次,你要相信該物質一定能夠給你所有你想要的,
and third, you relate yourself to it by a feeling of deep and profound gratitude.
最終,你通過一種感恩的心情,將自己與它緊緊地聯系在一起。
Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude.
許多人大都是按照自己的方式來安排自己的生活,方式本身并沒有任何問題,可他們就是無法擺脫貧窮的糾纏。造成這一現象的原因就在于他們缺乏一顆感恩的心。
Having received one gift from God, they cut the wires which connect them with Him by failing to make acknowledgment.
他們在收到幸運女神送來的札物后,高興之余卻忘記了對此心存感激,于是便因此而切斷了自己與財富之間惟一的紐帶。
It is easy to understand that the nearer we live to the source of wealth, the more wealth we shall receive,
我們住得離財富之源越近,得到的財富就越多,這一道理理解起來并不困難,
and it is easy also to understand that the soul
其實,將這一聯系上升到精神領域,也是同樣的道理。
that is always grateful lives in closer touch with God than the one which never looks to Him in thankful acknowledgment.
總是懷有感激之心的人,與那些從未以感激之心待人的人相比,前者與財富的聯系要更為緊密。這樣的道理理解起米想必也不困難吧。
The more gratefully we fix our minds on the Supreme when good things come to us,
當各種美好事物逐漸向我們走來時,我們對生活的感激越深,
the more good things we will receive, and the more rapidly they will come;
這些美好事物來得就越快,而我們最終得到數量的也會越多。
and the reason simply is that the mental attitude of gratitude draws the mind into closer touch with the source from which the blessings come.
原因很簡單——感恩的態度大大拉近了我們與幸福和財富之源的距離。
If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the universe,
如果你是第一次知道感恩能夠使你的整個靈魂恢復到一種更加平靜和諧的狀態,從而得以獲取宇宙間最神奇的創造能量,
consider it well,
那么,我希望你能夠認真地思考這一切。
and you will see that it is true.
如果你能夠照此去做,自然會發現事實果真如此。
The good things you already have have come to you along the line of obedience to certain laws.
于是,在獲取財富的同時,你也明白了一個重要的道理——要想獲得財富就必須遵循字宙間的內在規律。
Gratitude will lead your mind out along the ways by which things come;
在感恩思想的指引下,你的心將漸漸步人正軌,而你想要的一切也會隨之而來,
and it will keep you in close harmony with creative thought and prevent you from falling into competitive thought.
與此同時,它還能夠讓你與創造性思想之間始終保持密切而和諧的關系,將那些所謂的競爭思想拒之心靈的大門外。