President Monaco, distinguished faculty and trustees, honored guests,
莫納可校長,尊敬的教職員工、校董們,嘉賓們,
most important people -- members of the Class of 2015, families and friends: Good morning.
還有最重要的2015屆畢業生們、家長們、朋友們,大家上午好。
I want to begin by thanking Tufts very, very much for this honorary degree.
首先,我要感謝塔夫茨大學,非常感謝你們授予我這個榮譽學位。
And I know I speak for my fellow honorees in saying how grateful we all are,
我知道我也代表其他獲得名譽學位的同伴們發言,表達我們對學校的感激,
and I am so honored to be with all of them, because they are a remarkable group of people.
并且我非常榮幸成為他們中的一員,因為他們是一群了不起的人。
As the Class of 2015 well knows, a degree is a very precious thing.
2015屆的畢業生們都知道,學位是非常珍貴的東西。
It is very satisfying to work hard and earn one.
努力學習并獲得學位,這是件令人滿足的事情。
It is an utter delight to receive one simply for showing up.
只是露露臉就能拿到學位,真是讓人太高興了。
But that is not the only reason that I am excited to be here.
但這并不是我來到這兒很興奮的唯一原因。
Although I didn't attend Tufts, I feel a very personal connection to this outstanding university.
雖然我沒有在塔夫茨大學讀過書,但我和這所著名的大學有親密的聯系。
Back in the 1960's, this is where I met one of my heroes, former Secretary of State Dean Acheson, after he delivered a speech.
早在20世紀60年代,我在這兒遇見了一個我十分崇拜的人--前國務卿迪安·艾奇遜,當時他剛做完演講。
And I never, ever, imagined that I would one day be appointed to Acheson's job.
那時我從未想到有一天我會和他一樣被任命為國務卿。
It's not that I lacked ambition; it's just that I'd never seen a Secretary of State in a skirt.
這并不是因為我缺乏遠大的抱負,而是我從未見過穿裙子的國務卿。