Now embracing "we" doesn't absolve you from the responsibility to lead.
現在接受“我們”的力量并不會免除你們引領社會的責任。
This world needs its young people to lead and to lead by example.
這個世界需要年輕人來引領,需要年輕人以身作則。
To walk that walk, and to do that work. So confound expectations.
走該走的路,做該做的工作。所以把理想先放一邊吧。
Inspire others! Don't let anybody ever define who you are and what you can be.
去激勵他人吧!不要讓任何人來定義你是誰,你可以成為什么樣的人。
It's not always going to be easy. Life is not a reality show. That's reality.
那并不總是一件容易的事。生活不是真人秀,而是現實。
Look: you, me -- we are New Jersey.
瞧,你,我,我們都是新澤西人。
Here it's all about "we": in fact, in this state we can't even pump gas by ourselves.
這兒的一切都跟“我們”有關。事實上,在新澤西州我們甚至都無法自己給車加油。
And here in this state, we've got the parkway, we've got the turnpike.
在這個州,我們有林蔭大道,有收費公路。
What we have here is a lot of mile markers.
我們這里有很多里程標記。
Here, people say, "What exit are you from?"
在這里,人們會問,“你從哪個出口過來的?”
Your diploma: it's a mile marker.
至于你們的文憑,它是一個里程標記。
It's a measurement of how far you can go, it's a measurement of how far you've come,
它可以測量你能夠走多遠,測量你已經走了多遠,
but it doesn't say a thing about how far your future can take you.
但它對未來可以帶你走多遠卻一無所知。
Your diploma is an anointment, a calling, a charge
你們的文憑是一種使命,是一聲召喚,是一份責任,
to use the talents you've nurtured and the knowledge you've gained here to make a contribution.
要求你們利用在這里培養的才華和學到的知識去做貢獻。