It could be possible to see wildlife thriving within our cities across the planet.
也許某天,我們會看到更多的野生動物在全世界的城市的里繁衍生息的景象。
We, after all, are the architects of the urban world.
畢竟人類才是城市世界的建筑師。
Now, over half of us live in an urban environment.
現在,超過一半的人口居住在城市環境中。
My home, too, is here in the city of London.
我的家也在倫敦這座城市里。
Looking down on this great metropolis,
俯瞰著這個國際大都市,
the ingenuity with which we continue to reshape the surface of our planet is very striking, but it's also sobering.
人類不斷重塑著世界的表面形態,其中的創造力令人驚嘆同時也發人深省。
It reminds me of just how easy it is for us to lose our connection with the natural world.
它提醒著我們人類是多么容易失去和大自然的聯系。
Yet it's on this connection that the future of both humanity and the natural world will depend.
然而正是這種聯系決定了人類社會和自然界的未來。
It's surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet
無疑,我們有責任和義務,盡己所能打造美好的地球家園,
that provides a home not just for us, but for all life on Earth.
不僅是為了人類,更為了地球上所有的生命。