Conversation A
對話A
Susie: Hi, Tina, what are you doing?
蘇西:嗨,蒂娜,你在做什么?
Tina: My family wants to visit. I'm planning their trip. In your opinion, when should they come?
蒂娜:我家人要來找我玩兒。我正在規劃他們的行程。依你的意見,他們應該什么時候來比較好?
Susie: I'd say April or May. It's so pretty here in the spring.
蘇西:我會說四月或五月。這里的春天非常美麗。
Tina: Great. I'll ask them to come the week of April 15.
蒂娜:太好了,我會請他們在四月十五日那周過來。
Susie: Fine. But that's a long time from now.
蘇西:好的,可是距離現在還很久呢。
Tina: That's OK. We like to plan ahead!
蒂娜:沒關系,我們喜歡預先規劃!
Conversation B
對話B
Susie: Oh, great!
蘇西:真是太絕了!
Tina: What's wrong, Susie? I assume you got some bad news?
蒂娜:蘇西,怎么了?我猜你是不是收到了什么壞消息?
Susie: Yes. The person I'd planned to interview this afternoon cancelled our 2:00 appointment.
蘇西:沒錯,我今天下午本來要訪問的人取消了我們兩點的預約。
Tina: I'm sorry. Can you reschedule?
蒂娜:真遺憾。你可以重新安排時間嗎?
Susie: Yes, but she's too busy to meet until November 22.
蘇西:可以,但她太忙了,要到十一月二十二日才有時間和我見面。
Tina: She must have a full schedule!
蒂娜:她的時間表一定排得很滿!
Susie: She does, and so dol. I can't fit her in until December 4!
蘇西:沒錯,但我也是一樣啊。我要到十二月四日才排得進和她見面的時間!