"I shall come up and help you to teach sometimes," she added.
“有時我會上來幫你教書,”她補充說。
"It will be a change for me to visit you now and then; and I like a change.
“這么時時來看看你,對我也可以換換口味,而我喜歡換口味。
Mr. Rivers, I have been so gay during my stay at S----.
里弗斯先生,我呆在S市的時候非常愉快。
Last night, or rather this morning, I was dancing till two o'clock.
昨天晚上,或者說今天早晨,我跳舞一直跳到兩點。
The -th regiment are stationed there since the riots; and the officers are the most agreeable men in the world:
那,那個,——自從騷亂以后,那個團一直駐扎在那里,而軍官們是世上最討人喜歡的人,
they put all our young knife-grinders and scissor merchants to shame."
他們使我們所有年青的磨刀制剪商相形見絀。
It seemed to me that Mr. St. John's under lip protruded, and his upper lip curled a moment.
我好像覺得圣·約翰先生的下唇突了出來,上唇卷起了一會兒。
His mouth certainly looked a good deal compressed, and the lower part of his face unusually stern and square, as the laughing girl gave him this information.
這位哈哈笑著的姑娘告訴他這些情況時,他的嘴看上去緊抿著,下半個臉異乎尋常地嚴肅和古板。
He lifted his gaze, too, from the daisies, and turned it on her.
他還從雛菊那兒抬起眼來凝視著她。
An unsmiling, a searching, a meaning gaze it was.
這是一種沒有笑容、搜索探尋、意味深長的目光。
She answered it with a second laugh, and laughter well became her youth, her roses, her dimples, her bright eyes.
她再次一笑,算是對他的回答。笑聲很適合她的青春年華,她那玫瑰色的面容,她的酒窩,她那晶瑩的眸子。
As he stood, mute and grave, she again fell to caressing Carlo.
圣·約翰默不作聲十分嚴肅地站著時,她又開始撫摸起卡羅來。
"Poor Carlo loves me," she said.
“可憐的,卡羅喜歡我,”她說,
"He is not stern and distant to his friends; and if he could speak, he would not be silent."
“它對朋友不嚴肅,不疏遠。而且要是它能說話,它是不會不吭聲的。”
As she patted the dog's head, bending with native grace before his young and austere master, I saw a glow rise to that master's face.
她以天生的優美姿態,在年青而嚴峻的狗主人面前彎下腰,拍拍狗頭時,我看見主人的臉上升起了紅暈,