Now there's going to be a 12 month rollout of Mac OS X.
Mac OS X將有一個長達12個月的部署期。
You can't do these things overnight. It's a 12 month rollout.
這些事情不可能一蹴而就。要有12個月的部署。
So we are announcing it today, January, 2000.
因此我們在今天,2000年的一月份發布。
Our developers have already had a few betas of the software.
我們的開發人員已經有了軟件的測試版。
They're going to get another pre-release of the software at the end of this month.
他們將在這個月底得到軟件的另一個預發布版本。
The final beta will go out to developers this spring.
最終的測試版將于今年春天呈現給開發人員。
Mac OS X will be on sale as a software product starting this summer.
從今年夏天開始,Mac OS X將作為軟件產品上市銷售。
And we will be pre-loading it on all machines a year from now. So that is our rollout strategy.
一年后,我們將在所有的機器上預裝它。以上就是我們的交付策略。
Now I'd like to go through the architecture of Mac OS X with you.
現在,我想和大家一起回顧一下Mac OS X的架構。
So start off with we need a kernel, and that kernel we call Darwin.
首先我們需要一個內核,這個內核我們給它起名為達爾文。
Darwin is amazing, it's a super modern kernel.
達爾文太神奇了,它是一個超級現代的內核。
And it's got protected memory, pre-emptive multitasking, modern networking,
它有受保護的內存,先占式多任務處理,現代網絡,
all the things you'd expect, done in a very elegant way.
所有你想要的東西,以一種非常優雅的方式實現。
And it's very Linux-like, very much so. It's got free bsd unix, which is the same as Linux.
它與Linux非常非常類似。它有免費的bsd unix,這一點和Linux一樣。
So it looks almost the same to developers.
所以對開發者來說,它和Linux看起來幾乎是一樣的。
It's got a mach microkernel and it'scompletely open source,
它有一個Mach微內核,而且是完全開源的,
you can go to Apple's website today and download it as 75,000 people already have. Completely open source.
現在你就可以去蘋果官網下載,已經有75000人下載了。完全開源。
And we're getting a lot of help from the Mac community to make it better and better and better.
我們從Mac社區得到了很多幫助,會讓它變得越來越好。
So we're extremely excited about Darwin.
所以我們對達爾文感到非常興奮。