But we've not done yet.
但我們還沒有結束。
Because it's my pleasure today to announce Mac OS X.
因為今天我還要很榮幸地向大家介紹Mac OS X。
This is I hope also going to blow you away.
這也是我希望會讓你們感到大吃一驚的內容。
We are announcing Mac OS X here today. I'd like to go over the goals for Mac OS X.
我們今天在這里介紹Mac OS X。我想回顧一下Mac OS X的目標。
First, we are going to have a single OS strategy at Apple.
首先,我們將在蘋果產品上采用單一操作系統戰略。
We're not going to have a duel or a triple or quadruple OS strategy like some others.
我們不會像其他公司那樣,使用一種雙重或三重或四重的操作系統策略。
We're going to have one OS and that's very important to us.
我們將會有一個操作系統,這對我們來說非常重要。
The second is the Mac OS needs state-of-the-art plumbing.
第二點,Mac OS需要最先進的設備。
We need the best operating system kernel technology, the best internet networking in the world.
我們需要最好的操作系統內核技術,世界上最好的互聯網網絡。
Right? We need the best plumbing of any operating system out there.
對吧?我們需要最好的操作系統。
Third, we need killer graphics.
第三點,我們需要殺手級的圖像。
Almost every app depends on graphics,
幾乎所有的應用程序都依賴于圖像,
whether its design and publishing apps for our pro customers, down to things that we use every day.
無論是為我們的專業客戶設計和發布的應用程序,還是我們每天使用的應用程序。
We need killer graphics in the system.
在這個系統中我們需要殺手級的圖像。
And we need to design it for the internet from the start.
我們需要從一開始就為互聯網設計。
We need to design it in a way that most users who are always plugged into the Internet get full benefits.
我們需要設計一種方式,讓大多數經常上網的用戶都能得到充分的好處。
We need to design in such a way that we use internet standards throughout and we've done that.
我們需要以始終使用互聯網標準這樣一種方式來設計,我們已經做到了這一點。
And we need a gentle migration, because we have 25 million users using our current generation operating systems.
我們需要完成一個平緩的遷移,因為我們有2500萬用戶在使用我們當前的操作系統。
So these were the goals for Mac OS X.
以上這些就是Mac OS X的目標。
But to sum it up, it was make the next great personal computer operating system.
但總而言之,目標就是打造一個出色的個人電腦操作系統。