Today's Moment of Science is about lightning bugs.
今天的科學一刻我們要講的是關于螢火蟲。
Lightning bugs are cool because if you squish them you can make...oh, forget it!
螢火蟲非常酷,因為如果你將它們壓扁…哦,還是不說了!
What's the problem?
有什么問題嗎?
I'm just tired of working for A Moment of Science.
我只是厭倦了今天科學一刻的工作。
Do you know how hard it is to come up with another fascinating tidbit every day?
你知道每天想出一個吸引人的話題有多難么?
I'm going to find a new job.
我要另謀高就了。
I've got a job for you.
我已經為你找到了一份工作。
Oh yeah? Does it pay better than this one?
哦,是嗎?待遇比現在還好嗎?
I'll let you figure that out.
你聽我細細道來。
The job lasts for one month, and you only get one penny on the first day.
這份工作持續一個月, 上班第一天你只能得到1分錢。
Hey! What kind of deal is that?
嘿!你這說的是啥霸王條款?
Hang on! On the second day I'll pay you twice what you made the first day. That's two pennies.
別急!第二天我會付給你第一天薪金的2倍。也就是2分錢。
Three cents altogether-now we're getting somewhere.
總共才3分錢,總算看到點希望了。
On the third day I'll again pay you twice what you've made the day before.
第3天我會再次給你前一天的2倍。
That's four more cents.
也就是4分錢。
譯文來自可可英語