Every day I'll double the amount made the day before.
就這樣每天我都給你前一天的2倍。
At the end of one month you're out of a job. What do you say?
直到月末你的工作結束。你覺得如何?
Do you take the offer?
你接受這個提議嗎?
No, of course not. Who would work for pennies?
不,我拒絕。誰會在乎這幾分錢?
That's a shame, because you're not realizing how numbers work.
太遺憾了,因為你沒有意識到這些數字是如何積累的。
When a number continually doubles itself we say it is "increasing geometrically."
當一個數字本身不斷翻倍,我們通常說其以幾何數字增長。
That means the larger the number becomes, the faster it rises with each additional day.
這意味著數字越大,每一天的額外增長就越快。
How much would you guess you would earn just on the last day of the month?
你猜在月底最后一天你會賺多少錢?
Um...ten bucks?
這個…十塊錢?
Over ten million dollars!
超過一千萬美元!
Ten million dollars? Starting from a penny!?!
你說一千萬美元?從一分錢開始?
That's geometric increase.
幾何增長嘛。
Hmmm...do I get health insurance too?
那個…是不是也能給我上健康保險啊?
譯文來自可可英語