Think and Grow Rich. Nothing much about this. No, just think. And then you'll be rich.
比如《思考致富》 和這個沒什么關系 只要思考 就能致富
Tens of millions of copies sold from this book. Or here is another book that I found.
這本書賣了幾百萬本 這里還有一本書
Now the book, the book may be great. I haven't read it-I have to admit.
這本書或許不錯 我得承認我還沒有讀過
But look at it-"Small Steps to Big Happiness. NOW!" Again, we can't wait. It's about the destination.
但先看看 《小步邁向幸福 現在》 我們又迫不及待了 說的是專注于目標
It's not about the hard work, the journey, the character, change that needs to take place.
而不是專注于努力、旅途、人格還有所需的改變
And there is something else. There is something else that leads to perfectionism.
還有別的 還有別的導致完美主義的因素
And this is the research that you have already read about.
這是一個你們已經讀到過的研究結果

And this is work done by, great work done by Carol Dweck, who is now at Stanford.
這是由卡羅爾·徳韋克完成的出色研究 她現在在斯坦福大學工作
Because you see, what she illustrates is that not all praise is good.
因為她所描述的是 不是所有的贊美都是好的
Telling a kid you are wonderful, you are terrific, you are great,
對一個孩子說 你很棒 你很出色
no matter what indiscriminately-you are so smart, you are so amazing, my little Einstein-that's not always good.
不吝贊美之詞 你太聰明了 你真是驚人 我的小愛因斯坦 這也不總是好的
That may be harmful in the long run. And it may, it may create the perfectionism schema.
長期來看這可能也是有害的 這也會導致完美主義的基模
So let me share with you one of her studies. And again, I think you've already read this.
那么我和你們分享一下她的研究成果吧 我想你們已經讀過了
So what she did was going to group of 10 years old and randomly divided them into two groups.
她所做的就是找到一些十歲的孩子 然后把他們隨機分成兩組
The first group did a puzzle which they completed successfully, each one individually.
第一組孩子都做了道題 他們都每個人獨立完成了
And at the end, for each one when he or she completed the puzzle, she would say,
到最后 對每一個完成的孩子她都說
"wow. You are so intelligent. So smart."
“你真聰明伶俐”