Harry found his own leg and gave it a very hard pinch.
哈利在自己的腿上狠狠地掐了一把。
It hurt a lot, which seemed to rule out the possibility that he was having a very bizarre dream.
非常的疼,看來它驅去了是在做一個離奇的夢的可能性。
“But —”“Shh! Listen! Someone's coming! I think — I think it might be us!’
“但是_””嗨!聽著!有人來了!我想——我想,那也許是我們。
Hermione had her ear pressed against the cupboard door.
“荷米恩將她的耳朵貼在了櫥壁上。
“Footsteps across the hall… yes, I think it's us going down to Hagrid's!”
“腳步聲從大堂傳來……是的,我想那是我們當時在進入哈格力大堂。”
“Are you telling me,” Harry whispered, “that we're here in this cupboard and we're out there too?”
“你是在告訴我,”哈利低著問,“我們在這個壁櫥里,但又在這個壁櫥外嗎?”
“Yes,” said Hermione, her ear still glued to the cupboard door.
“是的。”荷米恩說,她的耳朵仍然貼在櫥壁上,
“I'm sure it's us. It doesn't sound like more than three people…
“我確信是我們,絕不會多于三個人……
and we're walking slowly because we're under the Invisibility Cloak — “
我們走得很慢,因為我們穿著隱形斗篷。”
She broke off, still listening intently.
她停了下來,仍然專心地聽著。
“We've gone down the front steps….” Hermione sat down on an upturned bucket,
“我們走下了前面的臺階……”荷米恩坐在了一個向上翹起的鏟斗上,
looking desperately anxious, but Harry wanted a few questions answered.
焦急地注視著,哈利想要問幾個問題。
“Where did you get that hourglass thing?”
“你在哪兒搞到這時間球的?”
“It's called a Time-Turner,” Hermione whispered, “and I got it from Professor McGonagall on our first day back.
“它叫作‘時間回轉器’,”荷米恩說,“我們回來的第一天,我從麥康娜教授那拿來的,
I've been using it all year to get to all my lessons. Professor McGonagall made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone.
我發誓不告訴任何人。
She had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry of Magic so I could have one.
為了能夠得到它,她給魔法部寫了各種各樣的保證。
She had to tell them that I was a model student, and that I'd never, ever use it for anything except my studies…
她得告訴他們我是一個模范學生,除了在學習上,我決不會利用它做別的事情……
I've been turning it back so I could do hours over again, that's how I've been doing several lessons at once, see?
我要轉動它,才能使時間回轉。這就是我為什么一下子就學會了好幾年的課程的原因,明白了嗎?