"You did not," Grenn said, scowling. "I would have seen."
“你才沒有,”葛蘭板起臉孔說,“不然我看得到。”
Dywen whapped him up alongside his ear with the back of his hand.
戴文用手背給了對方耳朵一巴掌,
"You? Seen? You're blind as Maester Aemon. You never even saw that bear."
“就你?看得到?你比伊蒙學士還瞎。你連熊都看不見。”
"What bear? Was there a bear?"
“什么熊?這里有熊?”
"There's always a bear," declared Dolorous Edd in his usual tone of gloomy resignation.
“別說這里,上哪兒都有熊,”憂郁的艾迪語調中透著他慣有的無可奈何。
"One killed my brother when I was young. Afterward it wore his teeth around its neck on a leather thong.
“我小時候,不知從哪兒冒出一只熊把我哥殺了。后來它還用皮帶把他的牙齒串好戴在脖子上。

And they were good teeth too, better than mine. I've had nothing but trouble with my teeth."
那是口好牙,比我的好。我最煩我這一口爛牙。”
"Did Sam sleep in the hall last night?" Jon asked him.
“山姆在哪兒?昨晚睡大廳里嗎?”瓊恩問他。
"I'd not call it sleeping. The ground was hard, the rushes ill-smelling, and my brothers snore frightfully.
“照我說,那不能稱之為‘睡’。地那么硬,草席一股怪味,兄弟們的呼嚕更是嚇人。
Speak of bears if you will, none ever growled so fierce as Brown Bernarr.
嘿,說到熊,熊的鼾聲準沒黃伯納厲害。
I was warm, though. Some dogs crawled atop me during the night.
說真的,暖和倒暖和,因為晚上一群狗全爬上我身子,
My cloak was almost dry when one of them pissed in it. Or perhaps it was Brown Bernarr.
不過斗篷正要干的當口,卻被它們尿在上面。或許是黃伯納干的也說不定。
Have you noticed that the rain stopped the instant I had a roof above me?
你們注意到沒?我剛進屋,頭上遮著呢,雨就停止;
It will start again now that I'm back out. Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me."
現在我出來了,瞧著吧,雨馬上又要開始啦。諸神和野狗都拿我當尿壺咧。”
"I'd best go see to Lord Mormont," Jon said.
“我去看看莫爾蒙司令有什么需要,”瓊恩道。