Second time, the projector didn't work.
第二年 投影儀又壞了
And this year I forgot my power, my power for the computer at home.
而這一年 我忘了帶電源線了 把電源線忘在了家里
So hopefully it will last the entire semester.
所以希望這點電能支持一個學期
If not we'll just have to deal with the imperfect scenario, but that's OK.
如果不行的話我們就只能面對不完美了 但是其實也沒關系的
I think it must be something subconscious.
這肯定是潛意識里的問題
Because it's too much of a coincidence that every time something happens.
因為這也太巧合了 每次都有這些事情發生
Walk the talk. So where were we last time?
的確是這樣 那么上次我們講到哪了
Last time we talked about how you learned how to walk.
上次我們講到你們是怎么學會走路的
We learned about how you learned to draw circles. And all through failure.
我們講到你們是怎么學會畫圓圈的

As Thomas Edison said, I learned my way...I failed my way to success.
都是通過不斷地失敗 如愛迪生所說 我通過不斷失敗以至成功
And we saw it with top athletes, whether it was Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan.
我們從那些最頂尖的運動員身上看到 不管是巴比·魯斯還是喬丹
We saw it with top business people, whether it was Thomas Watson, IBM or Anita Roddick, founder of the, of Body Shop.
我們也從最頂尖的生意人身上看到 不管是IBM創始人托馬斯·沃森還是安妮塔·羅迪克 美體小鋪的創始人
We see it with artist and scientist-the most successful ones are also the ones who failed the most,
我們從藝術家和科學家身上看到 最成功的人也是失敗最多的人
and these are the ones who understand the value and the importance of failure.
而他們就是那些深刻明白失敗的價值與重要性的人
I guarantee you then none of them enjoy failing.
我向你們保證 他們沒人喜歡失敗
Failing hurts; it's disappointing at best; it's frustrating; it's embarrassing often.
失敗讓人受傷 讓人極度失望 讓人沮喪 也經常使人尷尬
However, people who ultimately succeed recognize that value of failure and learning from it.
但是 那些最為成功的人 都會認識到失敗和從失敗中學習的價值
There's a wonderful book that came out recently by one of my mentors-
有一本非常好的書 是由我的一位導師最近完成的
he taught at the business school for a few years;
他在商學院教了幾年書
he is a professor at University of Southern California-Warren Bennis.
他是一名在南加州大學任職的教授 沃倫·本尼斯