Congratulations, class of 2015.
恭喜你們,2015屆的畢業生。
You guys and gals and young men and women are the reason I'm here.
正是因為你們這些少男少女們,我才來到了這里。
I'm really looking forward to talking with ya'll tonight.
我真的很期待今晚同你們所有人聊一聊。
You heard my dad played football here,
你們都知道我老爸曾在這里打過橄欖球,
and I believe he even graduated from here, as an extra incentive for me to come.
我相信他甚至是從這里畢業的,這是讓我來到這里的另一個動機。
Short and sweet or long and salty? A sugar donut or some oatmeal?
你們是想要簡短愉快的聊天呢,還是尖銳辛辣的長篇大論?甜甜圈還是燕麥粥?
Out of respect for you and your efforts in getting your degree,
出于對你們以及你們為獲得學位而付出的努力的尊重,
I thought long and hard about what I could share with you tonight.
我苦思冥想了許久,想著今晚該和你們分享些什么。
You know did I want to stand up here at a podium and read you your rights?
你們以為我想站在講臺上告訴你們應享有的權利?
Did I want to come up here to share some really funny stories?
還是來這里和你們分享幾個有趣的故事?
I thought about what you would want. I thought about what you might need.
我思考過你們想要什么,你們可能會需要什么。
I also thought about what I want to say and what I need to say.
我還思考過我想說什么以及我需要說什么。
Hopefully, we're both going to be happy on both accounts.
我希望能兩者兼顧,皆大歡喜。
As the saying goes, take what you like, leave the rest. Thank you for having me.
俗話說得好,拿走你們喜歡的,其余的留下來。多謝邀請我。