人物:主婚人,羅斯,艾米麗,
瑞秋,喬伊,錢德勒,羅斯媽媽
事件:在上一季的最后,羅斯在和艾米麗在婚禮宣誓中錯叫了瑞秋的名字,于是在所有親朋面前,羅斯又重新進行了宣誓。
劇情片段
Minister: I think we’d better start again①. Ross, repeat after me. I, Ross…
主婚人:我覺得我們還是重來吧。羅斯,請跟我復述。我,羅斯……
Ross: I, Ross…
羅斯:我,羅斯……
Minister: Take thee, EMILY…1
主婚人:要迎娶你“艾蜜莉”(特意把字音咬得特別清楚)……
Ross: Take thee, Emily. Like there’d be② anybody else.
羅斯:要迎娶你艾米麗。(苦笑)就跟還能是別人似的。
Minister: As my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.2
主婚人:成為我的合法妻子,無論病痛,至死不渝。
Ross: As my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, until death parts us③. Really, I do. Emily.
羅斯:成為我的合法妻子,無論病痛,至死不渝。我真的會,(用手指著艾米麗)艾米麗。
Minister: May I have the rings? Emily, place this ring on Ross’s finger as a symbol of your bond everlasting. Ross, place this ring in Emily’s hand as a symbol of the love that encircles you forever. Ross and Emily have made their declarations and it gives me great pleasure to declare them husband and wife. You may kiss the bride④.
主婚人:請把婚戒給我。艾米麗,為羅斯帶上戒指,象征你們將會永遠在一起。(艾米麗狠狠給羅斯帶上戒指)羅斯,請為艾米麗帶上戒指,代表你們兩人永無止盡的愛,保佑你們白頭偕老。羅斯與艾米麗已經宣誓,我很榮幸地宣布他們成為夫妻。你可以親吻新娘了。
Mrs. Geller: This is worse than when he married the lesbian.3
蓋勒夫人:(私語)這比他上次結婚還糟。(音樂響起,兩人走上紅毯)
Joey: Well, that went well. Yeah.
喬伊:啊,剛才進行得還挺順利的。不錯。
Chandler: It could’ve been worse⑤. He could’ve shot her.4
錢德勒:本還可以更糟些呢,比如他可以把她斃了。(兩人從紅毯走出大廳)
Ross: That uh, that was pretty funny, wasn’t it⑥? Och!
羅斯:剛才,嗯,真是聽好笑,對不?(被艾米麗打了一拳)噢!
n. 符號,標志,象征