So, let's look at portable music. Let's look at the landscape.
那么,讓我們來看看便攜式音樂。讓我們看看大環境。
The first thing, if you want to listen to music portably, you can go out and buy a CD player, right?
首先,如果你想方便地聽音樂,你可以去買個CD播放器。
That's one way to go. About 10 to 15 songs.
這是一種方式。大約10到15首歌。
Or you can buy a Flash Player -- you can go out and buy one of those.
或者你可以買一個Flash播放器--你可以去買一個。
You can buy an MP3 CD player, or you can buy a hard disk space jukebox player.
你可以買一個MP3 CD播放器,也可以買一臺硬盤點歌機。
And these are the four choices for portable music right now.
這就是當前便攜式音樂的四種選擇。
So, let's take a look at each one of those.
接下來我們來逐一看一下。
A CD player costs about $75, holds 10-15 songs on a CD, that's about $5 a song.
一個CD播放器大約75美元,一張CD上有10-15首歌,也就是5美元一首歌。
You go buy a Flash Player, you pay about double that -- about $150, holds the same 10-15 songs, or about $10 a song.
你買一個Flash播放器要花兩倍的錢--大約150美元,擁有10-15首歌,也就是大約10美元一首歌。
You can go buy an MP3 CD player, and an MP3 CD, which you can burn on your computer, costs about $150, but holds 150 songs.
你可以去買一個MP3 CD播放器,一張MP3 CD,你可以在你的電腦上刻錄,價格大約是150美元,但是可以存150首歌曲。
So you get down to $1 a song.
價格降到了每首歌1美元。
Or, you can go buy a hard drive jukebox player for about $300,
或者,你可以花大約300美元去買一臺硬盤點歌機,
it holds about 1,000 songs, and costs about 30 cents a song.
可以存大約1000首歌,每首歌大約30美分。
So, we looked at this and studied all these and that is where we want to be. That is where we want to be.
我們看了這個表格,研究了所有這些產品,而這就是我們想要達到的。這就是我們想要達到的。
And we are introducing a product today that takes us exactly there, and that product is called iPod.
今天我們要介紹的產品,就可以讓我們實現這一點,它叫做iPod。